Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1

    New RXT 260 vs New Kawasaki 300X - pros and cons, suggestions welcome

    I'll post this in both the Sea Doo and Kawasaki sections... I have always had Sea Doo's and have no complaints. They have been very reliable for me.

    Anyway, I'll soon be parting with my 2008 GTX Limited 215 (with mods) and looking to step into a new machine. I have a chance to get a great deal on some "leftover" new ski's. One is a 2013 RXT 260 and the other is a "new" 2012 300X.

    What I'm looking for is a 75 mph ski. I put a Vtech tune and CAI on my friend's 2012 RXTX and it went 75.3 MPH GPS just about a month ago. That was impressive to me for just a couple mods. I know the 300X has holeshot advantage and rides better in the chop. But I like the brakes on the Sea Doo and feel like it will probably run better on top end with just a CAI/tune. I am still biased toward the Sea Doo and leaning that direction. But is there anything else I need to consider?

    -Does the new Sea Doo S3 hull still fall behind the 300X for running in the chop?

    -Which machine is easier to work on and/or mod? (access to engine, etc)


  2. #2
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    I dont have much experience with Kawi, but I do with the Seadoos. The Rxtx is very easy to get to 75+ as you know. The hull is quite capable in rough water although the Kawi is still the rough water champ. As far as working on one, IMO the S3 hull is easier to work with than the prior Rxtx hull, not really sure how acces is on the Kawi, but I would imagine it is good.
    I for one love the IBR and the S3 hull carves almost as good as my T3 Px. I guess it all depends on how much rough water you ride in.
    Probably best thing to do is to ride both.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I dont have much experience with Kawi, but I do with the Seadoos. The Rxtx is very easy to get to 75+ as you know. The hull is quite capable in rough water although the Kawi is still the rough water champ. As far as working on one, IMO the S3 hull is easier to work with than the prior Rxtx hull, not really sure how acces is on the Kawi, but I would imagine it is good.
    I for one love the IBR and the S3 hull carves almost as good as my T3 Px. I guess it all depends on how much rough water you ride in.
    Probably best thing to do is to ride both.
    My riding is limited to lakes only and not much chop, but on weekends it can get a little rough on the more crowded lakes. Thanks for your suggestions!

  4. #4
    WickedXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    366
    +1
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedgta View Post
    I'll post this in both the Sea Doo and Kawasaki sections... I have always had Sea Doo's and have no complaints. They have been very reliable for me.

    Anyway, I'll soon be parting with my 2008 GTX Limited 215 (with mods) and looking to step into a new machine. I have a chance to get a great deal on some "leftover" new ski's. One is a 2013 RXT 260 and the other is a "new" 2012 300X.

    What I'm looking for is a 75 mph ski. I put a Vtech tune and CAI on my friend's 2012 RXTX and it went 75.3 MPH GPS just about a month ago. That was impressive to me for just a couple mods. I know the 300X has holeshot advantage and rides better in the chop. But I like the brakes on the Sea Doo and feel like it will probably run better on top end with just a CAI/tune. I am still biased toward the Sea Doo and leaning that direction. But is there anything else I need to consider?

    -Does the new Sea Doo S3 hull still fall behind the 300X for running in the chop?

    -Which machine is easier to work on and/or mod? (access to engine, etc)
    Go with the RXP. I have 10 hours on my '14 and no regrets here

  5. #5
    Bounty Hunter Carlos Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, CA
    Posts
    1,401
    +1
    22
    Or the new Yamaha FZR...the new one is going 80 with a V-Tech Tune. You will be the king of your lake.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedgta View Post
    I'll post this in both the Sea Doo and Kawasaki sections... I have always had Sea Doo's and have no complaints. They have been very reliable for me.

    Anyway, I'll soon be parting with my 2008 GTX Limited 215 (with mods) and looking to step into a new machine. I have a chance to get a great deal on some "leftover" new ski's. One is a 2013 RXT 260 and the other is a "new" 2012 300X.

    What I'm looking for is a 75 mph ski. I put a Vtech tune and CAI on my friend's 2012 RXTX and it went 75.3 MPH GPS just about a month ago. That was impressive to me for just a couple mods. I know the 300X has holeshot advantage and rides better in the chop. But I like the brakes on the Sea Doo and feel like it will probably run better on top end with just a CAI/tune. I am still biased toward the Sea Doo and leaning that direction. But is there anything else I need to consider?

    -Does the new Sea Doo S3 hull still fall behind the 300X for running in the chop?

    -Which machine is easier to work on and/or mod? (access to engine, etc)
    Go with the RXP. I have 10 hours on my '14 and no regrets here
    I'm definitely set on a 3 seater, mainly because they seem to stay planted better in chop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Or the new Yamaha FZR...the new one is going 80 with a V-Tech Tune. You will be the king of your lake.
    Those things still buck? Regardless I'm not going to spend $14K. The new ones I'm looking at are out the door with trailer for $12K or less.

  7. #7
    WickedXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    366
    +1
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Or the new Yamaha FZR...the new one is going 80 with a V-Tech Tune. You will be the king of your lake.
    My bro has the new FZS and it comes unglued in any chop at 60+ mph. Better install a seatbelt and hold on IMO

  8. +1 by:


  9. #8
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Other than the Kawibarge..... the T3 is currently the best chop hull on the market right now.


  10. #9
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    i would have liked to see all three in action on lake george last week, youre rxpx seemed to be dooing very well bryan, better than the rest of the flotilla

  11. #10
    Kaybat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    1,735
    +1
    28
    keep in mind,the present RXT 260 have next to no storage(13.7 gallons,the Kawi have tons),my guess is brp will fix that next year(but i've been saying that for 3 years now)

  12. +1 by:


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. '12 Kawasaki 300X vs '13 Sea Doo RXT 260 - pros and cons - suggestions welcome
    By boostedgta in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 10:00 PM
  2. FS BRAND NEW Kawasaki 300X JE 10.1 Piston
    By KawieGuy in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 11:34 PM
  3. 2011 rxt 260 vs 2007 rxp riva stage 1
    By chokehold in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 03:44 PM
  4. 2011 RXT 260 vs. RXT-x 260
    By DigitalCSI in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 07:05 AM
  5. pros and cons of new intercooler
    By onebadsho in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2009, 03:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •