Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Spark problem, listen to this....

Ok so little over a week ago I am jumping my small wake, upon a semi hard landing (small wake) I get a beep and engine light lights up. No loss in performance or hiccups. I take it back to shore, take key out, then restart. Engine error is gone. I take it right back out and continue to do some small jumps. Suddenly no power, 15 amp fuse is blown. Long cold swim and walk back to dock...

I take it into the shop......

Shop calls me today, "Hey man we can't find nothing wrong with this thing It starts and runs fine, and the BUDS computer sees no history of an error." I say well did you pop the top off and look for loose connections. "Oh we dont have time for that if you want it back before this weekend", he says. I say "why are you guys completely reliant on the computer system, go the old school way and dig in. It takes 8 minutes to take top off once you got it down."

I also had said I gurantee I cna break it again in 5 minutes, so you want me to drive 45 min each way, waste time and gas, then take it to a lake with hour of driving, to look like a fool.

He si calling BRP under my suggestion, why didn't it log the fault?

I just can't beleive this I am so mad......Get a mutli meter out you fucks and go to work, at 98.00 an hour you think you would know wtf you are doing. They think they can take access panels off and diagnose when the computer isn't finding code...

+1
    Also he said they have had the top off 10 of these things, not much to them, he can reach and see everything through access panel....

+1
    Ugh...nice shop.

+1
    I am just venting, I am super pissed now. This weekend is going to be beautiful riding weather and I am trying to finish the break in before the last of my parts arrive next week. He basically wants me to come get it, take it back out and break it, and hope a fault code sticks.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebonger View Post
    I am just venting, I am super pissed now. This weekend is going to be beautiful riding weather and I am trying to finish the break in before the last of my parts arrive next week. He basically wants me to come get it, take it back out and break it, and hope a fault code sticks.....
    I understand...very frustrating when the shop calls and says they can't find anything wrong. It's happened to me and cost me some money just for them to tell me that and then the next ride out I almost caught on fire and had to swim the ski a ways back to shore and then costing me even more money that would have been avoided if they would have just done their F'in job right the first time...so yeah...I totally understand man.

+1
    I am a pretty easy dude to work with, but damn this stuff gets me hot. I hate non subject matter experts working in whatever field. Be good at what you do or don't do it! I have the worst experiences with service of my life at this shop, but since they were under new management, and the place looks like it had an overhaul, I decided to give them another chance. Same place I purchased Spark. Unfortunately there aren't many great choices around here for watercraft work. If I don't leave this deal satisfied I will have to start driving it 2+ hours round trip just to try another shop. I have had it with these people, last time I was in there mad I was about to throw down lol.

A real mechanic would take the top off, visually check everything, check all current resources, and after that get a multimeter out and start isolating the problem.

Waiting for a call back once he talks to BRP, but somehow I feel I will be waiting a while. They are going to back burner my shit.

+1
    I refuse to take anything to the dealer. Many of these idiots are glorified parts changers and dont know the first thing about diagnostics other than what they see on a monitor/screen. I know that we all what to ride and have very little time to wrench but at the end of the day I know that I am more conscientious and meticulous with my things than some knuckle head making $15 an hour. The only thing that my hands have not done to my ski is re pitch the impeller. I know that you have a new ski and its under warranty but screw bringing it to the dealer. The time it takes to load up the ski, bring it to the dealer, explain to them whats going on etc ...... you could have trouble shot the issue yourself. Im not bashing u at all bro... I have just never had good experiences with dealerships of any kind.

8. +1 by:

Sorry to hear, I know exactly what you are feeling. These guys just plug in a computer and charge an hour label for 5 min to read the screen and say "it's all good". Hope you get it sorted out, nothing like that thought of it not getting resolved while you go for another run..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebonger View Post
    I am a pretty easy dude to work with, but damn this stuff gets me hot. I hate non subject matter experts working in whatever field. Be good at what you do or don't do it! I have the worst experiences with service of my life at this shop, but since they were under new management, and the place looks like it had an overhaul, I decided to give them another chance. Same place I purchased Spark. Unfortunately there aren't many great choices around here for watercraft work. If I don't leave this deal satisfied I will have to start driving it 2+ hours round trip just to try another shop. I have had it with these people, last time I was in there mad I was about to throw down lol.

A real mechanic would take the top off, visually check everything, check all current resources, and after that get a multimeter out and start isolating the problem.

Waiting for a call back once he talks to BRP, but somehow I feel I will be waiting a while. They are going to back burner my shit.
    An hour+ isn't too bad if the shop does what it's supposed to. Hell, I drive longer than that to go to my favorite lake. I could darn well drive that every now and then for good mechanics and service. I drive about 40 minutes to the shop now that has fucked me twice. 20-30 more minutes for shit getting done right the first time would be a dream.

+1
    Very true lol...then my blood pressure would not be where it is...

Any ideas on problem? Because the engine error light is also related to low or high voltage, and batt fuse blew. I am thinking rectifier, bad battery, stator, ecu...but that is a semi uneducated guess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information