Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Hervey Bay Queensland Australia
    Posts
    17
    +1
    4

    Is my 12F muffler broken ?

    When I put a hose on either of the brass nipples on the main/primary muffler/waterbox (Part number 49070-3744), the water simply fills the muffler, and does not come out the other brass nipple. Is this correct ?

    I note it is very difficult to get the water out of the muffler once in there, due to the baffles inside it.

    I thought it was normal for water and exhaust gases to come out the back of the ski. If this is so, then the water must travel on a long and strange path to get to the exit.


  2. #2
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    the water mixes with the gases and exits with the gases through the main outlet. the nipples are water inlets only!!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Logan Martin Lake, Alabama.
    Posts
    61
    +1
    3
    Never run water to anything but a flush line! The nipples are from the motor and the pump. If you run a hose to the waterbox with the motor off, then it will fill into the motor. The exhaust pushes the water out of the muffler system. And running fresh water through the WB only doesn't help much in the way of Preventive Maintenance.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Hervey Bay Queensland Australia
    Posts
    17
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    Never run water to anything but a flush line! The nipples are from the motor and the pump. If you run a hose to the waterbox with the motor off, then it will fill into the motor. The exhaust pushes the water out of the muffler system. And running fresh water through the WB only doesn't help much in the way of Preventive Maintenance.
    I only ran water through the nipples of the muffler with the waterbox removed from the ski, for testing purposes.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Hervey Bay Queensland Australia
    Posts
    17
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    the water mixes with the gases and exits with the gases through the main outlet. the nipples are water inlets only!!
    OK. If that is the way it works, wouldn't a quantity of salt water always be at the bottom of the two mufflers in the ski, when it is not in service - causing rust & corrosion there ?

  6. #6
    GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    423
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    the water mixes with the gases and exits with the gases through the main outlet. the nipples are water inlets only!!
    OK. If that is the way it works, wouldn't a quantity of salt water always be at the bottom of the two mufflers in the ski, when it is not in service - causing rust & corrosion there ?

    Thats why you should always flush with fresh water and try to blow the water boxes as dry as possible.
    Aluminium doesn't rust.......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OK Boys Here is MY XS IC Complete.
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 04:57 AM
  2. Is my carbon seal toast?
    By Lurker in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 03:47 PM
  3. Wher is my RPM's?
    By moultrie rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 01:19 PM
  4. (PIC) All I want for christmas is my 2 front teeth..honestly
    By MPower in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 10:37 PM
  5. Is My Ski BULLET PROOF Now?
    By Totallyblown in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •