Thread: No power on RXT

+1

No power on RXT

Took my 2008 RXT out for the first run this year. Got about 100 yards from the dock and shuts off like someone turn off the key. Tried to put dess key in again and nothing. No gauges or beeps.

Loaded up and went home. Check all fuses, battery, cables and grounds. I have 12. 6volts from battery + to Ground. I assume there is a roll over potection circuit somewhere. Would that cause a no post? Also thinking about dess post. But seems that is unlikely.

Any other ideas?

In 9/10 cases with new problems at start of season it's either battery or fuel. If it ran ok up until storage and you haven't done any specific work on it during off season.

I would start with deep charging battery / swapping out to a new one. The voltage is only one part of the story. If the battery is old, then it won't have the same strength (amps). So seeing 12v on a meter means nothing. You should measure volt whilst cranking (or attempting to) if possible. However, if you can't get a beep then you're stuck there.

If with a new known good battery the problem remains I'd start by looking at the DESS post.

Either the reed switch or magnet are not working as they should. Try other key (learner) if not then maybe the post is the issue.

Check the solenoid beside the battery. Has two red cap wires plugged into it. I had to replace mine on my 08 RXT-X with 12 hours on it. It was having the same symptoms

+1
    Interesting. I'll give it a look see. Wonder why a solenoid would cause the computer to no wake up. Maybe thats where the power comes from?
    I'll let you know.

I had similar when my solenoid went. Was riding all day starting 15-20 times. Got to dock and died before I pulled key. Was making a small background humm inside. Then key and nothing worked. Replaced solenoid and things were fine.

+1
    You guys were right on. Went to the solenoid and found one of the small wires going into the one of the screws was broken off of the wiring ring. Crimped on a new ring and fired right up. Thanks for the all the help.

Thread Information