Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs up New Guy, First Project -- Speed Ties!

    Hey Y'all,

    Picked up a Spark at my local "extreme" center about 2 months ago. It's been alright ... ... I think I have somewhere around 15 hours on it now.

    Met some great guys on my local lake that suggested I get on the forum. I am already getting nervous because I know that some bolt on go fast parts will inevitably be in my near future.

    Anyways, I have met up with some friends on their boats and have tons of great restaurants on my lake, I thought my ropes and a sliced open noodle looked ghetto. I decided to bend over, and pay the ~260 get the sea-doo bumpers and "speed tie" system.

    For the bumpers it suggest using a 8mm punch to "bust" the holes open... I just used a large screw driver.

    Here are some pictures of the speed tie install.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0831.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	330143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0832.jpg 
Views:	611 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	330144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0835.jpg 
Views:	648 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	330146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0834.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	330145


    The instructions are OK, but anyone with a 8mm, 10mm socket wrench, and common sense could install the hardware in around an hour and a half.

    I have a 2up, I think it was designed for the 3up. I had to use my Dremel to make the seat fit back on.

    Will be looking forward to reviews on intakes, exhaust, and impellers.


  2. #2
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Ouch, $260. There should be a few decent places already on that ski to use for ropes and docking. I'm glad you're happy with your new ski. I'll caution you on the "go fast" parts though because the Spark isn't meant to go fast. That's not what it was designed for and you could end up wasting a lot of money that way.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHNORR12 View Post
    Ouch, $260. There should be a few decent places already on that ski to use for ropes and docking. I'm glad you're happy with your new ski. I'll caution you on the "go fast" parts though because the Spark isn't meant to go fast. That's not what it was designed for and you could end up wasting a lot of money that way.

    Amen!!!!!

  5. #4
    Does the top hull have to come off to install the speed ties?
    Also do you jet around with the bumpers installed or do you take them on and off when needed?

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nchiotti View Post
    Does the top hull have to come off to install the speed ties?
    Also do you jet around with the bumpers installed or do you take them on and off when needed?
    I guess you could cruise around with the bumpers on. I have them, but also got the cargo net. When I get ready to take it for a spin. I just remove the bumpers and put them in the cargo net. They fit in there great and if I want to dock somewhere else there right there if needed.

  7. #6
    I finally got ONE!!! ;) RXT-260-DOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hot Sulphur Springs, CO
    Posts
    295
    +1
    26
    Slow, like no wake zone slow, is OK. First time out I forgot about them and punched it, almost lost the rear fender, plus you get sprayed with water from the back one. You are talking about the orange snap in fenders, right? The black side bumpers I believe stay on all the time. Any one install these yet?

  8. #7
    I was mainly curious about the speed ties. Does the top section have to come off for the installation? I see where they go, but have not found anything on the internet to show installation.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RXT-260-DOO View Post
    Slow, like no wake zone slow, is OK. First time out I forgot about them and punched it, almost lost the rear fender, plus you get sprayed with water from the back one. You are talking about the orange snap in fenders, right? The black side bumpers I believe stay on all the time. Any one install these yet?
    Not yet but looking at getting these next. I've gone to a few friends places and there dock vary in height. I use the fenders, but still would like to add the black side strips/bumpers for added protection.

    Quote Originally Posted by nchiotti View Post
    I was mainly curious about the speed ties. Does the top section have to come off for the installation? I see where they go, but have not found anything on the internet to show installation.
    I was looking for the same thing. Looking at getting these also.

  10. #9

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by nchiotti View Post
    I was mainly curious about the speed ties. Does the top section have to come off for the installation? I see where they go, but have not found anything on the internet to show installation.
    I think I still have the instructions in the garage if I find them I can scan and post. I looked everywhere on the internet before they came to get an idea of what I was getting myself into, didn't find ANYTHING. The top section does not have to come off for installation. It is really straight forward. Just 8 and 10 mm bolts.

    I wouldn't drive with the bumpers on, I take them off and put them in the storage bin.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New guy with need for speed . 2011 rxtx
    By Soulman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 09:46 PM
  2. New guy with a RXP let's talk first mods.
    By "NO SHOW" in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 12:48 PM
  3. New guy with 650 sx CDI project
    By simonthk in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 12:59 PM
  4. New guy
    By qbzonk in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 11:31 AM
  5. new guy
    By thebigbody in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 12:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •