Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bought a 2004 RIVA Modded RXP 215..HELP identifying mods (prop) and speed is only 64!

Hello All,
    Great forum with lots of info.

I bought a 2004 RXP for 4300 a couple weeks back. From what I have collected , it has a RIVA Intake grate, RIVA Hull Through Exhaust, Riva Intake.

I think it might possibly have an upgraded prop, but cannot tell for sure. Also the Supercharger is black instead of red.

I took it out today in mild chop and it only put out 64mph!! The RPMs only showed 7500. I think something is wrong. Shouldnt this ski do over 70mph with the mods?

The biggest problem we have been having with it is a P1517 compass code, it also disables the VTS. We tried resetting everything in BUDS and got the same results. As soon as we hit the throttle over 4k rpm, the compass code comes on and VTS shuts off. got some extra codes as well p1607 and p0600.

Something is up with this ski. I have included pictures to help. At first i thought it was the knock sensor pigtail but its been replaced.

Please let me know about the prop...Is it factory?

GPS SPEED

RIVA GRATE

RIVA HULL THROUGH EXHAUST

RIVA INTAKE

does this look like the wear ring has been replaced? i see new silicone, old owner states S/C was rebuilt.

Please let me know what speed i should be looking at. im hitting 64 (gps) at 74-7500 RPMs. The tach doesnt go any higher. it does have the knock sensor update. I also found a wire that looks like it might have had a short (what does this go to?)

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    That's a heavily corroded Solas nose cone.... so I'm guessing it's also attached to a Solas prop.

Your down on rpm for sure, that's why your speed is down.

The burnt-melted wire is your magneto connection..... many do that. That's not your rpm-speed issue.

It sounds like you bought someones problem child!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    That's a heavily corroded Solas nose cone.... so I'm guessing it's also attached to a Solas prop.

Your down on rpm for sure, that's why your speed is down.

The burnt-melted wire is your magneto connection..... may do that. That's not your rpm-speed issue.
    Thanks, btw im in Sarasota. I had a burnt out voltage regulator that i just replaced, wondering if that had something to do with it, i had to rewire that part of the harness because it was melted. I bought this ski from Kissimmee.

anyway to tell which Solas it would be? what speed should i be seeing? 72ish?
    Thanks in Advance!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Okinawa View Post
    I had a burnt out voltage regulator that i just replaced, wondering if that had something to do with it, i had to rewire that part of the harness because it was melted.
    Bingo!

anyway to tell which Solas it would be? what speed should i be seeing? 72ish?!
    No telling what it is, or if it's been molested unless you pull the pump and prop to look at it. My guess is that it's over prop'd for the mods you have.

You also have an issue with the ecu dumping it's settings!

You would have to take the impeller off to tell the pitch. I would start by checking the slip on the supercharger. Is that exhaust outlet touching the tow ring?

I had a burnt out voltage regulator that i just replaced, wondering if that had something to do with it, i had to rewire that part of the harness because it was melted.
    Bingo!

anyway to tell which Solas it would be? what speed should i be seeing? 72ish?!
    No telling what it is, or if it's been molested unless you pull the pump and prop to look at it. My guess is that it's over prop'd for the mods you have.

You also have an issue with the ecu dumping it's settings!

Im wondering if the magneto wire is causing a short somewhere .. We swapped MPEMs already to see if that was the issue, but the same thing happened . Dumps all the settings as soon as the throttle hits 4k rpms.

The exhaust outlet is not touching the tow ring , I guess it's the angle of the picture .

Ill check the slip on the supercharger tommrow it wa susposedly rebuilt and has 10 hours

I just picked up a new wire harness of eBay , it's off an 06 RXP, hopefully it's plug and play

+1
    Im wondering if the magneto wire is causing a short somewhere .. We swapped MPEMs already to see if that was the issue, but the same thing happened . Dumps all the settings as soon as the throttle hits 4k rpms.
    I doubt it..... but you can just unplug the magneto to see if that's the issue. The ski will only run about 20-30 minutes with it unplugged until your battery is shot.

I just picked up a new wire harness of eBay , it's off an 06 RXP, hopefully it's plug and play
    06 wiring harness won't work on the 04.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information