Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Crab Island

+1

Crab Island

Headed out to Crab Island tomorrow morning.

Just seeing if anyone from the forum will be out there!

Me and the wife will be out on these...

make sure you got everything in order,dont get too rambunctious on skis and watch the alkeehawl intake if you drink....the local law dogs are worse than the gestapo and the coast guard station is in sight and they will be on patrol as well....also watch the ramps too as they will sit unmarked in the parking lots watching for impaired/careless operators.....they also have unmarked pwcs as well.....i lived there most my adult life...stay on the port side of the 99 rock party barge as the speakers are better...stay far far away from those with kids and dogs...get in with a group of just adults and i promise you somebodys gonna puke or get naked before the sun goes down...beads help the hard bodys out...haaa.....if its too crowded to find a spot then make your own by casually dropping a king size baby ruth in the water....most people will anchor up and shove off at the sight of a turd floating....and just to make sure they leave just jump in and snatch up that turd and start eatin it....haaaa....it worked for me several times....no country,western,or any of that other hillbilly stomp music and the locals wont mess with ya...crab island...shes only rock n roll...if you need to get from one side of the bay to the other you can literally walk from boat to boat....IT GETS THAT CROWDED....stay out of destin harbour if you are inexperienced on the water...lots of big boats in the fishing fleet and they wont give way as they are trying to go out and fish for a living....if you ever decide to go out on a part boat to fish get booked on the florida girl...captains good and will put ya on fish....she gets crowded at times but theres a way to resolve that as well...when they give ya the bait squid just put a lil in your mouth without all the tourist/snowbird/yankees lookin and then throw your head off the side and puke it up.....GUARANTEED SOME LAND LUBBER will turn green and toss their cookies....you now have a spot to fish.....oh yeah,when the fish bite dont set the hook...just fast reel it it....you will be in over 100 ft of water...no need to try to set the hook.....anyhoo...been there done all that and then some and miss every damn minute of it....have fun...dont try to go out the pass if the breakers are rollin....it will sink your shit or kill ya...

+1
    The whole area is no wake...picked up a ticket during a poker run few years back, I just blipped it to get across the channel between power boats and bam!

Quote Originally Posted by xxx2 View Post
    The whole area is no wake...picked up a ticket during a poker run few years back, I just blipped it to get across the channel between power boats and bam!

like i said...WATER GESTAPO...HAAA...i can remember as a kid that you could drive onto the dunes overlooking the choctawhatchee bay and crab island and there wasnt any no wake zone....now the dunes are fenced off and you can damn near swim faster than you can run anything with a motor....times have changed for sure

+1
    Been here for 5 yrs now. I live in Niceville. I usually launch in Boggy or Rocky Bayou and ride over the bay.

I see FWC and the Coasties all the time. I know the rules and obey them so they don't have any reason to mess with. Not to mention all the drunkards and idiots out at the island that get their attention.

+1
    I'll be out there soon. I'm looking for people to ride with locally as well.

+1
    Well the water looked like chit at the island. I went out the jetties and it looked awesome! To bad the tides are jacked up right now. High tide is around 0900 so by the time I get out there the nice emerald green water is back out front.

On a good note there was a ton of eye candy out there! lol

I'll be back out again today.

+1
    I agree the water didn't look great at the island. I might be heading out again today if anyone wants to meet up. Shoot me a pm

+1
    I'm gonna hold off for today. I'll make it out on the water tomorrow.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjdriver View Post
    Well the water looked like chit at the island. I went out the jetties and it looked awesome! To bad the tides are jacked up right now. High tide is around 0900 so by the time I get out there the nice emerald green water is back out front.

On a good note there was a ton of eye candy out there! lol

I'll be back out again today.
    Eye candy is good !!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information