Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 speedster 215

Hello, new here and have a question. I am going to look at a 07 speedster 150 with 38 hours on it and was wondering if there is any way to tell if it has the ceramic washers or has been up graded to the metal washers? The owner said he has no idea if it had been upgraded or not.

Thanks

+1
    Sorry there is no way to tell without pulling the charger. In 2007 they were still ceramic from the factory.

I would bet they haven't been changed...I have a 2007 Speedster 150 SC and bought it with less than 20 hours and it had not been changed. Removing the SC is not very difficult especially if you use the "how to" threads within the Green Hulk forum.

Thanks for the info. I bought the boat and pulled the supercharger. It had the ceramic washers, so I ordered and changed them immediately. Thanks a lot to everyone on here with all the information. If I hadn't stumbled upon this site I would have never known about the issues with these boats. It sure saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks again everyone. I now have another issue, taking off from a dead stop the engine hits max rpms but it takes awhile for the boat to get up on plane. Do I need to change the wear ring and impeller? And what pitch impeller do I need? Thanks again

+1
    The pitch angle is 10-21 for your OEM impeller and the part number is 267000285.

Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Thanks for the info. I bought the boat and pulled the supercharger. It had the ceramic washers, so I ordered and changed them immediately. Thanks a lot to everyone on here with all the information. If I hadn't stumbled upon this site I would have never known about the issues with these boats. It sure saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks again everyone. I now have another issue, taking off from a dead stop the engine hits max rpms but it takes awhile for the boat to get up on plane. Do I need to change the wear ring and impeller? And what pitch impeller do I need? Thanks again

Have you looked into the jet pump with a flashlight to inspect the wear ring and impeller? You can also get a look from crawling under the boat and looking back into the jet pump through the intake grate. If the impeller is dinged up or the wear ring is bad...would cause some cavitation I would expect from a standstill.

+1

Dont waste money on washers; buy a new x charger from jerry

Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    For a few more dollars you can have a new X charger. i just put one on my 09 150 Speedster 215 engine with 4" air intake and thru the hull exhaust and it is a HUGE difference. Then sell your old charger.
    Ron

[/QUOTE]
    For a few more dollars you can have a new X charger. i just put one on my 09 150 Speedster 215 engine with 4" air intake and thru the hull exhaust and it is a HUGE difference. Then sell your old charger.
    Ron[/QUOTE]

Ron - can you provide the details of where you purchased the charger, what the total cost was of the charger and the thru hull exhaust etc? I actually was wondering if a thru hull exhaust was possible on the speedster i had one on my rap and loved it.

Thanks everyone for the information. So I need a 10/21 pitch impeller for a 2007 215 HP speedster? Where is the best place to order them from?
    Thanks again.

+1
    Check with the Seadoo fitting charts, yes, if you're looking for a OEM blade.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-NEW-Sead...#ht_4966wt_993

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information