Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

FZR SVHO with R&D Intake & Plate

So tested out my ski today with the R&D intake & plate (with pump seal kit).
    Best speed on the phones GPS was 74.8mph (spanked a modded RXT-X AS multiple times even when he got the jump)

The Ski is bone stock other than the R&D plate and intake. Have numerous other parts waiting to go on including the motec m130 that shows up on thursday (or so UPS says) but wanted to see how the plate rode so I can send my stock one to jim to modify.

The runs were done in warm water down here in islamorada, FL. I have the plate with no shims up front an one on each side on the rear. The instructions stated to run on on each side up front and 2 on rear but only came with 4 shims, not sure why it only had 4 when its a plate for the SVHO)

Also instructions for the 14 plate should be updated as it does not mention the two bolts on the rear of the plate to the rubber protector on the transom that need to be removed.

The pump seal kit required a bit of trimming on one side to fit in the intake grate as the casting was rather ruff and had extra material compared to the pump seal rubber.

I can say that the R&D shimmed the way I had it rides very smooth and is way better in the chop then the stock plate. At high speeds in the chop the stock plate is scary but the R&D plate is a night and day difference.

+1
    Awesome!! That plate really seems to be working!!

How did you like the great vs stock?

How was hole shot vs stock?

+1
    The intake great does seem to have a better hole shot. I was blowing away the see doo off the line even when he took the jump. The casting on the Intake is not really that impressive, and it is somewhat of a PIA to get bolted up as the fit is very tight but does seem to work well. Being able to almost hit 75mph on the stock ski full of fuel and gear was pretty nice. Next time I need to leave some battery for the GPS so I can do a few runs at the end of the day and see if it picks up anything with only 1/3rd of a tank and no gear

+1
    Cool! Thanks for the info

what shim setup do you have on it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeniz View Post
    what shim setup do you have on it?
    Its in the original post.. "I have the plate with no shims up front an one on each side on the rear."
    It rides great now, but once I have all the motec and some time I will try a couple different setups and see what the results are. Want to try it both on Glass and Chop.

Did you have a speed bypass?

+1
    No bypass.. Only 2 mods are the intake grate with pump seal and plate. Today my best on the GPS was 72.3mph. The weather down in Key Largo was not as nice, more chop and wind and mistakenly I thought I was going to do alot more riding today so I topped the tank all the way off. Should have left it and ran it low, but probably would not matter with the limiter. I think the key to my 74mph with limiter might have been the crazy current we had saturday. Running with the current would probably make the ski think it was going a few MPH slower, same as a planes air speed can be faster than its actual ground speed with head winds.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    No bypass.. Only 2 mods are the intake grate with pump seal and plate. Today my best on the GPS was 72.3mph. The weather down in Key Largo was not as nice, more chop and wind and mistakenly I thought I was going to do alot more riding today so I topped the tank all the way off. Should have left it and ran it low, but probably would not matter with the limiter. I think the key to my 74mph with limiter might have been the crazy current we had saturday. Running with the current would probably make the ski think it was going a few MPH slower, same as a planes air speed can be faster than its actual ground speed with head winds.
    Were you at the tiki bar?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    So tested out my ski today with the R&D intake & plate (with pump seal kit).
    Best speed on the phones GPS was 74.8mph (spanked a modded RXT-X AS multiple times even when he got the jump)

The Ski is bone stock other than the R&D plate and intake. Have numerous other parts waiting to go on including the motec m130 that shows up on thursday (or so UPS says) but wanted to see how the plate rode so I can send my stock one to jim to modify.

The runs were done in warm water down here in islamorada, FL. I have the plate with no shims up front an one on each side on the rear. The instructions stated to run on on each side up front and 2 on rear but only came with 4 shims, not sure why it only had 4 when its a plate for the SVHO)

Also instructions for the 14 plate should be updated as it does not mention the two bolts on the rear of the plate to the rubber protector on the transom that need to be removed.

The pump seal kit required a bit of trimming on one side to fit in the intake grate as the casting was rather ruff and had extra material compared to the pump seal rubber.

I can say that the R&D shimmed the way I had it rides very smooth and is way better in the chop then the stock plate. At high speeds in the chop the stock plate is scary but the R&D plate is a night and day difference.

Want to sell your 2014 stock plate?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information