Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Lightbulb Stock or Aftermarket Rxp 215 SC Wheel?

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this PWC forum and have a question about my 2004 Seadoo RXP 215 85 hours on it. I purchased my machine a month ago from my buddy (sold it to me to purchase a brand new 2013 Seadoo Rxp-x 260). The mods that were relayed to my buddy when he purchased the RXP were Riva Stage one kit, rebuilt supercharger with updated washers, and upgraded compressor wheel. The parts that I have verified for myself are as follows: 4" Air Intake, oil catch can, solas impeller, upgraded intake grate as well as removal of the supercharger to verify that it was rebuilt with the upgraded riva washers. Now onto my question; how can I verify the supercharger compressor wheel is stock or performance aftermarket?

*I can tell you I hit 70mph in choppy waters (my buddy alleges he hit 72mph in calm water) and pull hard away from my buddys rxp-x 260. Now that he installed a Riva through hull exhaust and went past his break-in period and were dead even.

*A photo will be posted below. The compressor wheel has the number 14 printed in two circles on the wheel if that helps.

If you folks need more information from me please just ask.

Thank you in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140514_163927.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	330284  

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    That looks like a stock wheel to me. I may be wrong, but I recall my stock 215 wheel having a number printed on it. But it has been a few years since I have seen a stock 215 wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolol View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to this PWC forum and have a question about my 2004 Seadoo RXP 215 85 hours on it. I purchased my machine a month ago from my buddy (sold it to me to purchase a brand new 2013 Seadoo Rxp-x 260). The mods that were relayed to my buddy when he purchased the RXP were Riva Stage one kit, rebuilt supercharger with updated washers, and upgraded compressor wheel. The parts that I have verified for myself are as follows: 4" Air Intake, oil catch can, solas impeller, upgraded intake grate as well as removal of the supercharger to verify that it was rebuilt with the upgraded riva washers. Now onto my question; how can I verify the supercharger compressor wheel is stock or performance aftermarket?

*I can tell you I hit 70mph in choppy waters (my buddy alleges he hit 72mph in calm water) and pull hard away from my buddys rxp-x 260. Now that he installed a Riva through hull exhaust and went past his break-in period and were dead even.

*A photo will be posted below. The compressor wheel has the number 14 printed in two circles on the wheel if that helps.

If you folks need more information from me please just ask.

Thank you in advance!

+1
    Thats what I thought. But my friend insists its aftermarket; as the supercharger can be heard from a far and how were matched in speed and power.

+1
    Yeah thats a stock wheel......Mess with him and put a ET 127 in there with some 42s and then youll actually pass him..LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Yeah thats a stock wheel......Mess with him and put a ET 127 in there with some 42s and then youll actually pass him..LOL
    Noob here, further elaborate on ET 127 and 42's lol

+1
    One other question: can I eliminate the muffler by connecting the hose off the waterbox right onto the outlet of the exhaust? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1401056756991.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	330316

+1
    One other question: can I eliminate the muffler by connecting the hose off the waterbox right onto the outlet of the exhaust? Click image for larger version. 

Looking at that pic I don't see any hose connected to the outlet of the resonator (bottom left of the pic) so it looks like it's already been done.

+1

ET 127 is an Engine Tech 127mm compressor wheel that fits in a stock 215 charger and gives you a few more pounds of boost. Extra boost needs more fuel the 42's refer to 42lb fuel injectors. I have this set up in my 04 RXP along with 4" intake and Riva rear exhaust mid range punch is great and I ran 73.5mph on GPS. I did a 75.3mph run last ride out but I was going down river so that not really accurate.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1923

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=363

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

Looking at that pic I don't see any hose connected to the outlet of the resonator (bottom left of the pic) so it looks like it's already been done.
    Yes I just did it now, wondering if this is okay to do. Any possible problems I might endure? I couldn't get that resonator sound box out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

ET 127 is an Engine Tech 127mm compressor wheel that fits in a stock 215 charger and gives you a few more pounds of boost. Extra boost needs more fuel the 42's refer to 42lb fuel injectors. I have this set up in my 04 RXP along with 4" intake and Riva rear exhaust mid range punch is great and I ran 73.5mph on GPS. I did a 75.3mph run last ride out but I was going down river so that not really accurate.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1923

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=363
    Thanks for the fast response guys. I figured 42 was regarding injectors but the wheel compressor wheel I wasn't sure. This information is great. These will be my next modifications. Thanks for the links as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information