Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 05 rxp headache

05 rxp headache

Today firsts time out this year after spring oil and plug change, I get towed in WTF. Ski ran good at the house ran good at the ramp went out and herd a lil rattling comeing from the front of the motor it got worse so I stopped at the beach where I was going 2 hours later I had trouble starting it cranked hard and didn't sound right. When it started made a bad noise come ing from up front I think. I hurried up got it too the dock and 200 yards from the dock the noise was bad so I shut it down and flagged down another ski too pull me in.now it cranks like a dead battery. Any and all help figureing this out ,I am thankful

+1
    Well, I'll start off by hoping for your sake it's not the flywheel bolts shearing off or a valve dropping (both common issues with that year). I'm going to guess it was the flywheel. My recommendation is you start troubleshooting without trying to make the ski run. Running it would only make damage worse if there is any. Test the battery and electrical system and go from there. You might have to start disassembling some things to figure this out if it doesn't turn out to be an easy fix.

your bearings superchager are toast!

The ratting was in the front of the motor and it cranks over like shit maybe the flywheel did cut loose it makes sence the noise and starting problem. Is there any way too get at the flywheel for an inspection?

+1
    Well the flywheel is right below the charger ,so the noise could be SC or flywheel bolts or crank bearing .Pull the SC and check the bearings and washers,pull the oil filter and check for fillings and go from there.

Well I just hit the start button and it cranked hard then fired up then it shut itself of 2 seconds later and sounded like the motor was working hard. No codes or check engine lights. You guys still leaning too bad sc or flywheel? looks like I got some work cut out for me. Thanx

Unfortunately, in this situation, you will have to pull the engine.

+1
    Pull the boost tube off the supercharger, and see if u can spin the wheel freely by hand, OR if u can look in the SC Inlet (with a mirror), at the wheel to see if it has been rubbing the housing. Pull the SC first to see the damage, It can lock up the motor if the bearings failed.

If the Supercharger brgs have failed? There will be NO gear LASH on the supercharger gears. the turbine wheel will be dragging the intake hsg. Feel for the gentle Gear lash on the supercharger.

If the Supercharger brgs have failed? There will be NO gear LASH on the supercharger gears. The turbine wheel will be dragging the intake hsg. Feel for the gentle Gear lash on the supercharger?? Does it have it?? If the Engine has a internal problem? the oil filter will tell the Story Everytime!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information