MFD question, I might be dumb but.......

I just took out my skis from winter storage, it's going to be summer before I know it!

My 96 SLX has the red light on the MFD staying on since I re-connected the battery, and only shows the time, nothing else, even when I start it up. the ski hasn't been in the water for a run yet, but does anyone know if the rest of the functions will come on once it hits the water, or how to shut off the red light?

I don't think this is going to be a problem, but would the light staying on run the battery down? it's been on for over 2 hours and I've tried the trick of holding Mode and Set buttons down for 10 seconds doesn't do anything. Anyone know what I should do?

+1
    Tay, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!!

Disconnect the MFD for two hours and then plug it back in. Be SURE your battery is fully charged and always disconnect the MFD while charging or installing the battery (they hate a power surge).

thanks ph--

what's the easiest way do disconnect the MFD? first time owner here

+1
    Your MFD is in the handlebar pad so the easiest way is to push a butter knife down both sides of the MFD and then pull the unit out. The MFD is about 3-4 inches deep and the "prongs" are near the end in the pad.
    Some guys pull on the outer edge of the MFD but this will crack or break the seal at the cover plate to body creating a possible passage for water.

and disconnect the battery THEN the MFD for 2 hours? I don't believe the MFD was ever disconnected when the ski was winterized......I called the previous owner and he had no idea, it was his nephew's. the ski is in perfect condition so I don't know if it does this everytime it was taken out of storage and used in the summer. My SL 750 is going to get connected back up tomorrow as well. thanks for the help!

+1
    No.
    With the battery fully charged at this point just disconnevt the MFD for two hours and then plug it back in, all should be fine.

When you charge or store the craft you should disconnect the MFD so it doesn't suffer any battery drains and/or spikes. Not until the battery is installed and you know it will fire the engine should you hook up the MFD.

Thread Information