Question New to me genesis I won't start until I add fuel manually then runs fine

I got a 2003 Genesis I that will not start unless I dump fuel into each throttle body then it will run just fine and rev up perfect. have not water tested it yet as I am waiting to get the title.I just replaced the fuel pump and new pressure regulator I used the inline Kawasaki regulator.any thoughts or ideas or somebody that has experienced this problem before?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Check the voltage at the injectors. White/Red wire to ground should have over 20 volts while cranking with all injectors plugged in. Black meter probe to engine ground.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Check the voltage at the injectors. White/Red wire to ground should have over 20 volts while cranking with all injectors plugged in. Black meter probe to engine ground.
    I will try that going to have to pick up a multimeter from my friend I have noticed the after pulling out all plugs and drying them that they get wet during cranking even when it does not start

I got a meter today and I'm only getting battery voltage while cranking.... If I add fuel manually once it starts I'm getting 44 volts while it's running. .. that means my emm needs repair right?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 07blkz71ccltz View Post
    I got a meter today and I'm only getting battery voltage while cranking....

If I add fuel manually once it starts I'm getting 44 volts while it's running. .. that means my emm needs repair right?
    EMM repair does seem to be required.

Thread Information