Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Stupid season is here

Summer, I meant summer... Just by reading the news you can tell. This is a real shame b/c it didn't have to happen. A poor decision and bad luck is all it takes to end a life. Learn a lesson by reading here: http://theadvocate.com/home/9275716-...f-man-who-fell

This is from my home waters and we've come to expect at least one fatality on every major summer holiday each year. C'mon guys - a little common sense will see riding another day.

My condolences to the family and friends of this young man. Although the name sounds familiar, I don't know if he was a 'hulker or if I ever met him, but that really doesn't matter...

+1
    Yep...it's such a shame that this happens over and over. We've already had 2 drownings last weekend at 2 different lakes.

*EDIT*

Make that 3...just went to a local news website after making this original post and see this. It's going to be a long Summer at this rate...and a very short Summer for others. ugh

+1
    Damn, I hate hearing about these things every year. Thanks for posting though. It's a good reminder: DON'T be a statistic !!!

4. +1 by:

Sad to hear these stories, but all too common. I've always had a healthy respect for any body of water I've been on over the years. Be safe everyone and have a great boating season.

+1
    Had another one at Joe Pool lake this weekend. T-bone fatality. Its all over the news localy. Just outside the no wake zone POW! Game over.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    welllll; I am happy to report that in Temple Basin - we had no accidents this weekend that resulted in serious injury.

We did, however, have a group spend the night on our fuel dock because they were out of gas and could NOT find their (rented) houseboat.
    Here's the lesson to learn here: when on a LARGE, unfamiliar lake - buy a map of said body of water and/or pay very careful attention to landmarks where your camp is, as well as along the way of your adventures.
    Here's the kicker - when they told us what cove their HB was in(and confirmed by the park service the night before) and we informed them of the location - they told us we were wrong...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    welllll; I am happy to report that in Temple Basin - we had no accidents this weekend that resulted in serious injury.

We did, however, have a group spend the night on our fuel dock because they were out of gas and could NOT find their (rented) houseboat.
    Here's the lesson to learn here: when on a LARGE, unfamiliar lake - buy a map of said body of water and/or pay very careful attention to landmarks where your camp is, as well as along the way of your adventures.
    Here's the kicker - when they told us what cove their HB was in(and confirmed by the park service the night before) and we informed them of the location - they told us we were wrong...

+1
    The law enforcement presence was stifling in Palm Beach. It showed cops in practily SWAT gear standing in the water on sandbars. The problem is in their attempt to keep just one person from being hurt, it totaly destroys the vibe for everybody else.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skipSC View Post
    The law enforcement presence was stifling in Palm Beach. It showed cops in practily SWAT gear standing in the water on sandbars. The problem is in their attempt to keep just one person from being hurt, it totaly destroys the vibe for everybody else.
    It's just the beginning of that vibe...for everywhere. ugh

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skipSC View Post
    The law enforcement presence was stifling in Palm Beach. It showed cops in practily SWAT gear standing in the water on sandbars. The problem is in their attempt to keep just one person from being hurt, it totally destroys the vibe for everybody else.
    What were they going to do? shoot a drunken swimmer? Woulkd'ave been great to see them trying to save a drowning person - they would'ave taken them to the bottom even faster with all that gear on
    What a bunch of dumb-asses...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information