+1

Sea-Doo 4-Tec Engine Valve Replacement (Part 1 of 2)

For those of you who're interested in seeing how you replace the intake and exhaust valves on a 4-Tec 1503 Sea-Doo engine, check out the following video. If you like it, please subscribe to our channel so we're incentivized to do more of these! - Thanks, Mario.

+1
    good deal, and yes the only way to line up the timing marks so its in time is lock cam and crank,install tentioner and guides, turn crank then relock if you can it needs to go back a tooth, do the same thing if it relockes after turning 360, your good, only other thing is better practice at the old game operation when placing the keepers lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek45 View Post
    good deal, and yes the only way to line up the timing marks so its in time is lock cam and crank,install tentioner and guides, turn crank then relock if you can it needs to go back a tooth, do the same thing if it relockes after turning 360, your good, only other thing is better practice at the old game operation when placing the keepers lol
    Thanks, Derek45. Our next video (part 2 of 2) will show the installation. The keepers are definitely a pain in the neck, but it helps to use a bit of sticky grease and to make sure the springs are well-compressed.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Part 2 of 2 of this video is now out. Thanks for your patience! If you like the video, please remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel.

6. +1 by:

+1
    I've subscribed to your YOUTUBE channel, looking forward to more videos and excellent posts on this Forum.

+1
    Thanks!

+1
    Subscribed. Great videos!

+1
    Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aaameteorites View Post
    What was the reason for replacing the valves? Number of Hours on the PWC? Symptoms? Nice video.
    No symptoms machine ran great 143 hours when the valves were replaced.

I had read about the early exhaust valve failures, after removing the valve cover and reading the stem it had the bad valves. We like to do longer distance rides in open water and from past experience a failure will usually happen at the most inconvenient time and place. This is an 05 so a lot of damage from a valve head bouncing around would probably turn this into a parts boat. I like doing mechanical work so I decided to be pro active and replace the valves before a failure, I had already pulled the engine and upgraded the flywheel bolts, supercharger was rebuilt by the previous owner so this was the last item to address to make this a reliable machine for the riding I do. I have over 190 hours now and will be over 200 hours by the end of the season.

+1
    The valve failure on the early models seems very overrated. I have seen many of these engines with over 500 hours on the original valves. Maybe if you have a heavily modded engine it may make sense to replace them. Leaving salt water in your waterbox may be a contributing factor to rust or corrosion.

Also, BRP often changes part numbers when they change suppliers so the early valve parts number changes may not mean much
    Last edited by bluestram; 09-27-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Thread Information