Added tunes to my '14 Cruiser SHO

It rocks too! The system ran all day on the beach and the water. I heard it perfectly @ 65mph.

Specs:
    JL 200W Marine amp, JL 6.5 Marine 95w RMS speakers (MX650-CCX-SG-TB). Custom paint matching fiberglass speaker pods. iPod charging cable, power switch and volume control. Stinger 600 AGM battery and isolator so I'm not stranded on the water.

I asked the shop to make it look like it belongs on the ski and I still needed to use the same ski cover. I'll post a video some time this week.

I mostly ride at Sommerville, I heard Conroe is always choppy because of all the bulkheads and Livingston has stumps that will sink you like the Titanic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	330349   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	71 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	330352   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	68 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	330357   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	68 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	330358  
    Last edited by Blackfly; 05-27-2014 at 06:02 PM.

+1
    Nice looking ski! The speaker system looks almost stock.

All the lakes you listed have stumps.......for Somerville they are mostly at the western end of the lake, but plenty of shallow areas. Conroe at the northern end, Livingston about mid lake on the eastern side.

All the lakes can be choppy, especially on weekends and/or if the winds are more than 10 mph. The winds I can't control so I usually ride during the week! Perhaps I'll see you there....just look for an old fat guy on and old 2008 RXTX haulin' ass across the lake!

Who did you use for the install? I have a 400w JL amp, 2- 6.5 MX series speakers, all powered by a Optima Gel and it is LOUD but where my speakers are mounted my girl cant hear them when she sits behind me at 40mph so I need to install dos mas. I also need someone to install the stinger and perko switch so I can stop having to charge the battery every other ride.

We usually ride the USJ & LSJ. No stumps, no sandbars and glassy conditions even when the wind is blowing 15mph

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Clean SUV View Post
    Who did you use for the install? I have a 400w JL amp, 2- 6.5 MX series speakers, all powered by a Optima Gel and it is LOUD but where my speakers are mounted my girl cant hear them when she sits behind me at 40mph so I need to install dos mas. I also need someone to install the stinger and perko switch so I can stop having to charge the battery every other ride.

We usually ride the USJ & LSJ. No stumps, no sandbars and glassy conditions even when the wind is blowing 15mph
    I used Custom Car Stereo off 59 (near Sugarland) Speak to George. So far they have been very professional. Plus, I drove around to a few well known car install shops around Houston, Custom Car Stereo had the most experience and did high quality work. While comparing quotes, everyone was around the same price. $2600-$2800.

My 6.5's are MX650-CCX-SG-TB. Sounds like we have the same speakers.

When I pulled both my kids on a tube, they had no issues hearing the music. Do you have any pics of your ski? Where did you mount yours?

I need to get an adjustment done to one of the speaker pods and get my speaker grills replaced (they were scratched when they installed them) George said he would order new ones.

BTW, what is USJ/LSJ?
    Last edited by Blackfly; 05-28-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Nice looking ski! The speaker system looks almost stock.

All the lakes you listed have stumps.......for Somerville they are mostly at the western end of the lake, but plenty of shallow areas. Conroe at the northern end, Livingston about mid lake on the eastern side.

All the lakes can be choppy, especially on weekends and/or if the winds are more than 10 mph. The winds I can't control so I usually ride during the week! Perhaps I'll see you there....just look for an old fat guy on and old 2008 RXTX haulin' ass across the lake!
    Thanks for the info!... Maybe I just need to explore the lakes with some knowledgeable riders, so I know what areas to stay away from. I want to ride the other lakes, I just don't want the added stress of not knowing where the danger areas are.

Were heading to Somerville for my B-day July 3rd weekend. Maybe I'll see some forum members up there.

I will have to check your guys out. USJ= Upper San Jac LSJ= Lower San Jac. Shoot me a pm with your # and I will let you know next time we head out.

Sorry about the speaker picture its the only one I have (stole it off my video on Youtube). I will get some better shots of the stereo this weekend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetski1.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	330557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	becky.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	330558

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfly View Post
    I used Custom Car Stereo off 59 (near Sugarland) Speak to George. So far they have been very professional. Plus I drove around to a few well known car install shops around Houston, They had the most experience and did high quality work. Everyones quote was around the same price. $2600-$2800.

My 6.5's are MX650-CCX-SG-TB. Sounds like we have the same speakers.

When I pulled both my kids on a tube, they had no issues hearing the music. Do you have any pics of your ski? Where did you mount yours?

I need to get an adjustment done to one of the speaker pods and get my speaker grills replaced (they were scratched when they installed them) George said he would order new ones.

BTW, what is USJ/LSJ?

Thread Information