Thread: Ultra 260X Oil

Westchester, NY

Cool Ultra 260X Oil

Hi guys,

I have had an Ultra 260X for about four years now, I have always used this type of Kawasaki oil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W61020203.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	330448

I am curious to hear if any of you have been using any other type of oil on your Ultras? and perhaps a different oil filter from the OEM oil filter, such as the K&N KN-204?

any inputs, thoughts are much appreciated.

You are going to get a million different opinions on oil no mater what type of vehicle you have, and ask what oil to use.. I say keep using what works for you, as you haven't had any issues so why change..

I use the OEM oil filter and Royal Purple synthetic in my 300. There's plenty of oil out there that works just fine and you'll get a lot of different opinions on which one is best.

this might assist...

the key is that it (oil) is kept clean.....

Westchester, NY
    Thanks guys, yes I did find a huge discussion about oils yesterday in another thread which just made me think I should probably just stay with the Kawasaki oil I have been using and just keep changing it at about 20-25 hour mark. My 260X has about 110 hours already, but I got the engine replaced late last season (so roughly about 6 hours on the new engine) and thought maybe I should look for a better oil etc...

On a slightly different note, I took out my ski on Monday and got an Oil Temperature error code about an hour into riding (this is the first time i ride it this season)... I looked at the oil and it def looks like is a bit mayo like... what puzzles me is that the ski was running perfectly fine on my last ride last season, and I ran plenty of anti-freeze through the engine when I winterized it. I read in another post something about condensation.. but I don't see how condensation alone could cause the oil to look a bit like mayo.

Any thoughts on this issue?

Thread Information