Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

06 rxp looking to upgrade for the hole shot

So I juat bought my 06 a couple weeks back. It runs really well but I am sending out the SC because it has 78 hours on it and never rebuilt. Rather be safe then sorry. My question is im looking to get a quicker hole shot out of the ski. Top end is great dont get me wrong but i like to pull the ski up right off the bat. Any suggestions on upgrading I would need for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostkause17 View Post
    So I juat bought my 06 a couple weeks back. It runs really well but I am sending out the SC because it has 78 hours on it and never rebuilt. Rather be safe then sorry. My question is im looking to get a quicker hole shot out of the ski. Top end is great dont get me wrong but i like to pull the ski up right off the bat. Any suggestions on upgrading I would need for this?
    Don't rebuild the supercharger put the money toward a new X charger. I did it and it makes a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by rhjj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostkause17 View Post
    Don't rebuild the supercharger put the money toward a new X charger. I did it and it makes a world of difference.
    What kind of upgrades do i need for the xcharger? Just the injectors?

Yes I did 42s if I recall. I did it about 4 years ago and no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rhjj View Post
    Yes I did 42s if I recall. I did it about 4 years ago and no problems at all.
    Really make that much of a difference?

Night and day on acceleration.

+1
    You can get away without the 42's if you keep the intake stock. Once you upgrade to a 3" or 4" intake you will need the 42's. You will also need either a 14/19 or 15/20 prop. I would go with a 15/20 and repitch because you will want it when you move up to the bigger intake and 42's. I've been running the setup below for about 3 years with no problem. I ride with a group that does 100 miles plus a ride and have no problem with reliability or burning too much gas. I can usually get 80-90 miles a tank if I ride at a decent pace.

+1
    85mm nozzle will give you a better holeshot but remove some top end. Depitch your prop to compensate

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikesfan View Post
    You can get away without the 42's if you keep the intake stock. Once you upgrade to a 3" or 4" intake you will need the 42's. You will also need either a 14/19 or 15/20 prop. I would go with a 15/20 and repitch because you will want it when you move up to the bigger intake and 42's. I've been running the setup below for about 3 years with no problem. I ride with a group that does 100 miles plus a ride and have no problem with reliability or burning too much gas. I can usually get 80-90 miles a tank if I ride at a decent pace.
    Anyone else able to second that? I might run a X Charger with just my stock air and IC until I can buy 42's

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikesfan View Post
    Anyone else able to second that? I might run a X Charger with just my stock air and IC until I can buy 42's
    I have read that others have done it, but i did the 42s right away.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information