Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Cruise discontinued?

Hey guys, called my dealer to have cruise installed on a new 2014 gtr and my 2013 gtr.
    Im told seadoo has discontinued the cruise module ( part 295100455 ) and now only the ski module is available.

So I have two questions... Would this part be the correct one for my gtr's? On the seadoo parts store I see a 2010 version and one for 2011 models. I assume the one for 2011 models will work on the subsequent years as we'll?

if so, does anyone have a lead on any deals or retailers who has stock on two of these kits (295100455)
    Seadoo is all sold out of them now.

Checked on amazon as we'll, they say ships in 2-3 months so I'm assuming that means they would be ordering the. From seadoo (who obviously won't have them)

Thanks for you help!

+1
    Can anyone state the difference between eh cruise control module and ski module?

+1
    I'd take the unavailability with a grain of salt, check in e-bay/amazon etc for it. I have the ski mode installed by dealer in my 2014 GTR from new, but experience on long lakes rapidly pointed me to also grabbing the cruise model, which I installed myself. The ONLY difference between the Ski Mode and the Cruise control is the additional wiring and switch to the right hand handlebar. The electronic module part number is the same. So, to be clear, I purchased the cruise (already had ski mode), simply added the button to the handlebar (a mission in itself) and voila, I still have ski mode, PLUS also now have cruise control and slow speed mode. Its not that difficult to install if you take your time.

I've now got a full ski mode install kit I'm planning to sell when it warms up here.. (came as part of the cruise module).

And, its well worth it. I find I use the cruise a little more than the ski for towing a water tube, but ski mode is great for pulling a skier out of the water. The GTR rocks, its a great all rounder.
    I've got the depth finder, boarding ladder, ski pole, cruise/slow speed/ski and a bilge pump all installed in it now. Perfect. Highly recommend it.

Oh, and your part number is right.

+1
    Just purchased two from a dealer in Kansas City and am having them shipped to canada. Looks like they are in pretty short supply.

The kit I purchased is the ski/cruise module. The difference, from what I'm told is that the ski only module doesn't include a physical button, and doesn't include the ability to set a specific cruise speed or slow mode speed. It only allows you to select from one of 6 different acceleration / speed presets from the menu system.

I think its a shame they are ditching this accessory module. I know it's probably not for everyone, but it's really useful if you want to maintain a speed that is anything besides wot or idle for extended periods.

tried to speak with sea doo and they were completely useless. They kept saying "refer to your dealer". I tried 3 different dealers, all of whom were completely in the dark and had no idea why the product was discontinued or if something new was going to replace it.

One dealer seemed to think think there was some sort of liability issue that caused them to pull the product... But that could be just a rumour.

Was unable to locate any on ebay and spoke with amazon who confirmed that they are on back order and will not be able to fulfill any further orders since the product is now discontinued. seems like the only remaining option is to find dealers with remaining inventory on hand.

+1
    it's still in the catalogue;

http://www.sea-doo.com/shopping-tools/brochures.html

Go to Virtual Brochure and search for 'Ski Module' comes up on page 46

2011 and up module '2011 models with IBR' part # 295100455 It has two stars next to it with a reference to 'Until stocks depleted' Looks like your dealer maybe correct.

I finally got ONE!!! ;) RXT-260-DOO's Avatar
    +1
    This is pretty lame... I used that feature on my RXT all the time. Hmmm...

Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!! SuperCharged/IC's Avatar
    +1
    What would the liability be? You set the speed and then hold the flipper to the bar. If you let go, it goes to idle.

+1
    Trying to figure out what BRP is thinking is like trying to solve the meaning of life.

in regards to htr liability comment, who knows, some people on a seadoo are just a liability to start with. It wouldn't surprise me if someone using the cruise on a seadoo at 60mph (with one hand) while texting with the other got into an accident and tried to blame it in BRP somehow. I agree, I think it's unlikely and if it were a real issue I assume they would have pulled he product instead of selling off the remaining units... But again that's just what one dealer told me.

On the other hand, I hand it's probably more likely that they don't want the option for customers to put the cruise on cheaper models anymore. Without the ability to add a cheap cruise option to a lower priced gts or gti, customers who want that feature would now be forced to purchase a higher priced ski (which also has a much higher profit margin for BRP).

With the addition of the spark and a much wider lineup of vehicles, BRP needs to find ways to ensure it drives a portion of its customers towards the higher end models.

Or.... No one was buying them and they discontinued it due to a lack of interest.

Or... In 2015 they are introducing the feature as a standard option of more of their units.

Time will tell, but in the meantime it's disappointing how hard the modules are to find for existing owners.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged/IC View Post
    What would the liability be? You set the speed and then hold the flipper to the bar. If you let go, it goes to idle.

+1
    Try these guys they usually have stuff in stock. http://www.inglesperformance.com/esh...Ski_Module.htm

+1

What is the difference with this number?

Cruise and ski mode together (i guess), this is not suitable for your GTR?

"SEADOO OEM CRUISE CONTROL & SKI MODE FOR 2010 MODELS WITH iBR 295100383"

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/SEADOO-OEM-CRUISE-CONTROL-SKI-MODE-FOR-2010-MODELS-WITH-iBR-295100383-/291104547498?pt=Personal_Watercraft_Parts&hash=ite m43c72ee2aa&_uhb=1

I'm looking for this as well to put on my RXT-X 2011

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information