Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Just got off the phone with corporate BRP - Sea Doo completely sold out of Sparks!

I just called Sea Doo BRP Corporate to talk about replacing my reboarding step, while talking to the beautiful young lady, I asked her to confirm reports I have been hearing about the Sea Doo Spark being sold out.

She said "It was such a popular model that we have completely exhausted/sold out our worldwide inventory, you are a lucky guy to have one"

Wow? she also stated that she cannot confirm or deny if there are going to be any more Sparks this season..

This is just incredible, summer has not even started here in California.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheappc View Post
    I just called Sea Doo BRP Corporate to talk about replacing my reboarding step, while talking to the beautiful young lady, I asked her to confirm reports I have been hearing about the Sea Doo Spark being sold out.

She said "It was such a popular model that we have completely exhausted/sold out our worldwide inventory, you are a lucky guy to have one"

Wow? she also stated that she cannot confirm or deny if there are going to be any more Sparks this season..

This is just incredible, summer has not even started here in California.
    Yeah Summer hasn't even really started anywhere except a few places...like here in Phoenix...already 105. lol Don't get me started about there not being many if any Sparks available, especially with Seadoo still advertising them like crazy. *deep breaths...in...out...* lol.

With so many people left wanting them still I'm not sure if after this Summer and next year will be any different. At least not when it comes to dealers charging and getting high dollar for them. Tiny...if you read this...I'm saving cash now so I may be able to buy from you down the road and afford shipping and pay out of pocket sales tax and buy a new trailer here locally. Time will tell and I will get in touch with you when the time is nearer. It should would be awesome if a couple slightly used Sparks show up after this season though.

3. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheappc View Post
    I just called Sea Doo BRP Corporate ... confirm reports I have been hearing about the Sea Doo Spark being sold out.

She said "It was such a popular model that we have completely exhausted/sold out our worldwide inventory..."

... cannot confirm or deny if there are going to be any more Sparks this season...
    I imagine people within BRP have been focussed on this problem for some time now.

Product planning and manufacturing for relatively a low margin product is a tricky thing. Make too many and the excess inventory kills your overall profit on the product line. Make too few and you leave money on the table and unhappy dealers and potential customers.

Forecasting demand for a new product line is tricky. Dealers apparently were some combination of unwilling and unable to commit to pre-ordering large volumes of Sparks. BRP was probably unwilling to bet the farm on the Spark being a wildcat seller in the first year, hence wanting to also sell the other more expensive model lines.

Ramping up Spark factory production so late into the selling season has real costs. Normally a watercraft product is built over many winter months and accumulated for the early summer selling season. The actual rate these things come off the assembly line is probably not that fast, week to week.

5. +1 by:

+1
    they did this on purpose...now the dealers that have them in stock and up charge

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    they did this on purpose...now the dealers that have them in stock and up charge
    And Seadoo is doing the country wide "test ride a Spark"...yet there are no Sparks. lol I went to the dealer the day I did my test ride and they had just sold their last one supposedly. Went to the other big dealer a couple days later and same story except they did have 1 bubblegum 90 ibr with conv package in stock. Is it a coincidence that on the test ride tour they only had 90 HP Sparks to ride?

+1
    The test ride they did back in October were all 90 also I think. Why would you give someone a test ride on something so under powered. its called marketing. Give someone a free ride in something that excites them and they will overlook the slower ones.

Of course for the folks trying to get one its not fun and I can understand the frustration. Q hope you find something later on.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    The test ride they did back in October were all 90 also I think. Why would you give someone a test ride on something so under powered. its called marketing. Give someone a free ride in something that excites them and they will overlook the slower ones.

Of course for the folks trying to get one its not fun and I can understand the frustration. Q hope you find something later on.
    Thanks man! It's all patience right now. Something good will work out down the road.

+1
    All the dealers around here have them... the one down the street has like 5 or 6.

I bet you will find out that Seadoo has a ton of them somewhere.... nothing excites a customer to buy more than knowing they might miss out if they don't buy now

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    All the dealers around here have them... the one down the street has like 5 or 6.

I bet you will find out that Seadoo has a ton of them somewhere...
    It seems like BRP at the warehouse level has allocated (sold to dealers) or actually shipped all available inventory to their dealers.

The dealers in turn receive and hold their allocated inventory on site or nearby and then sell into their local markets. Some regional markets might be slower to ramp up sales depending on the local weather, local economy and how effective the local dealer(s) are in advertising and actually selling product.

And of course how many Spark units the individual dealers pre-ordered way back when BRP was planning production for 2014. Some dealers may have decided to jump on the opportunity and pre-order significant quantities while another dealer may have decided to only order a few 'to see how well they sell'.

If there are any dealers with excess Spark inventory it sounds like they will be able to transship them to other dealers who are already sold out and want more. Price to be negotiated between those dealers, I presume.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post

I bet you will find out that Seadoo has a ton of them somewhere.... nothing excites a customer to buy more than knowing they might miss out if they don't buy now
    Yep...total psychological warfare being waged on the prospective Spark market by Seadoo. lol. Well played...well played. I just would like to know when customers can preorder what they want from dealers again for next years shipment.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information