Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    297

    Arp stud torque and installation question

    Arp stud

    What is the best torque to apply
    Some guys said 90. Or 92 or 95 or 100.
    Wich one is the best

    And im looking for a how to installation and in found nothing

    Need help


  2. #2
    Turbonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mt. Gambier, South Australia
    Posts
    135
    +1
    5
    I torque my arp head studs to 93-95. Never had a problem at that.
    Make sure you apply the arp lube (or similar) to the threads.

  3. #3
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by philon18 View Post
    Arp stud

    What is the best torque to apply
    Some guys said 90. Or 92 or 95 or 100.
    Wich one is the best

    And im looking for a how to installation and in found nothing

    Need help
    http://www.rivaracing.com/instructions/rs10050_hsk.pdf

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philon18 View Post
    Arp stud

    What is the best torque to apply
    Some guys said 90. Or 92 or 95 or 100.
    Wich one is the best

    And im looking for a how to installation and in found nothing

    Need help
    http://www.rivaracing.com/instructions/rs10050_hsk.pdf
    When i install the stud into the block
    Riva said apply locktight? Or lube is better

  5. #5
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    I would recommend you use ARP's instructions.

    http://arpinstructions.com/instructions/168-4201.pdf

  6. #6
    icdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    381
    +1
    23
    Don't use Loctite. Lube only and use the right torque sequence. You will need to grind some spots in the valve cover so the studs will clear and cover will seal

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    297
    What kind of socket(tools) i need
    Deep socket torks
    Or regular Deep socket

  8. #8
    krouchchocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,224
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by icdoo View Post
    Don't use Loctite. Lube only and use the right torque sequence. You will need to grind some spots in the valve cover so the studs will clear and cover will seal
    I think the new arp kit the store or slow91 carries does not require u to grind the valve cover

  9. #9
    canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The wet left coast.
    Posts
    1,088
    +1
    108
    100ft/lbs in three steps is what the ARP instructions call for. On my 04 RXP I did not have to do anything to the valve cover.

  10. +1 by:


  11. #10
    Aussiepauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australa
    Posts
    898
    +1
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    100ft/lbs in three steps is what the ARP instructions call for. On my 04 RXP I did not have to do anything to the valve cover.
    Exactly! You will not need to grind down, the new kit fits and you will not have any more problems if your head is decked right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SLX Piston install and general questions
    By Zazoos2 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 07:42 AM
  3. ARP Bolt/Stud torque specs?
    By boostaholic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 08:35 AM
  4. RXT and shorty install question
    By bruinsrme in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 08:17 PM
  5. riva power filter install and grate question
    By CarFanatic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •