Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

SVHO FZR Cavitation

Hey guys, took my new FZR out for the first time this past weekend and after what seemed to be the longest 1.5 hours of all time for break in I punched it a few times. Every time I tried to launch from a stand still it would just bounce off the limiter and take a few seconds to get going. Has anyone experienced this or know if this normal for these machines? I tried with different trim positions but unless I feather it out of the hole it would cavitate.

It was very cold and quite choppy so I only tried a few times. I'm hoping to have different results this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Boogzilla View Post
    Hey guys, took my new FZR out for the first time this past weekend and after what seemed to be the longest 1.5 hours of all time for break in I punched it a few times. Every time I tried to launch from a stand still it would just bounce off the limiter and take a few seconds to get going. Has anyone experienced this or know if this normal for these machines? I tried with different trim positions but unless I feather it out of the hole it would cavitate.

It was very cold and quite choppy so I only tried a few times. I'm hoping to have different results this weekend
    Yea the machine is pretty powerful and torquey and will hit the limiter in stock form. Totally normal. Keep messing with it and you'll get the hang of it.

My buddy feathers his and still launches out on a modded kawy 310r. I have the vids to proove it too..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post

Yea the machine is pretty powerful and torquey and will hit the limiter in stock form. Totally normal. Keep messing with it and you'll get the hang of it.

My buddy feathers his and still launches out on a modded kawy 310r. I have the vids to proove it too..

please share....

+1
    yes please share indeed

Quote Originally Posted by propac View Post
    yes please share indeed
    How do I attach vids from my phone?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by propac View Post
    yes please share indeed
    How do I attach vids from my phone?
    just upload vids to youtube and then post link

+1
    Has anyone experienced this or know if this normal for these machines? I tried with different trim positions but unless I feather it out of the hole it would cavitate.

I'm hoping to have different results this weekend
    Welcome to the power of a SVHO! Try filling your intake grate cavities. These skis have a ton of power and will cavitate in stock form on launches. How many bounces off the limiter are you getting? 2 or occassionally 3?

Here you go guys..

310R would pull up top. It would hit 73 and hold 70 I believe with limiter and the svho would hit 70 and go back down to 68 when limiter kicked in.

+1
    So from the looks of that video the stock svho out holeshot the modded ultra 310r in a race is this correct hmmm interesting....
    Would it be safe to say that if only the speed governer was removed from the svho that there would be no contest in a race against the 310r?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information