Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    ValBugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario
    Posts
    275
    +1
    21

    SVHO FZR Cavitation

    Hey guys, took my new FZR out for the first time this past weekend and after what seemed to be the longest 1.5 hours of all time for break in I punched it a few times. Every time I tried to launch from a stand still it would just bounce off the limiter and take a few seconds to get going. Has anyone experienced this or know if this normal for these machines? I tried with different trim positions but unless I feather it out of the hole it would cavitate.

    It was very cold and quite choppy so I only tried a few times. I'm hoping to have different results this weekend


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogzilla View Post
    Hey guys, took my new FZR out for the first time this past weekend and after what seemed to be the longest 1.5 hours of all time for break in I punched it a few times. Every time I tried to launch from a stand still it would just bounce off the limiter and take a few seconds to get going. Has anyone experienced this or know if this normal for these machines? I tried with different trim positions but unless I feather it out of the hole it would cavitate.

    It was very cold and quite choppy so I only tried a few times. I'm hoping to have different results this weekend
    Yea the machine is pretty powerful and torquey and will hit the limiter in stock form. Totally normal. Keep messing with it and you'll get the hang of it.

    My buddy feathers his and still launches out on a modded kawy 310r. I have the vids to proove it too..

  3. #3
    bscpaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LongIsland NY
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogzilla View Post
    Hey guys, took my new FZR out for the first time this past weekend and after what seemed to be the longest 1.5 hours of all time for break in I punched it a few times. Every time I tried to launch from a stand still it would just bounce off the limiter and take a few seconds to get going. Has anyone experienced this or know if this normal for these machines? I tried with different trim positions but unless I feather it out of the hole it would cavitate.

    It was very cold and quite choppy so I only tried a few times. I'm hoping to have different results this weekend
    Yea the machine is pretty powerful and torquey and will hit the limiter in stock form. Totally normal. Keep messing with it and you'll get the hang of it.

    My buddy feathers his and still launches out on a modded kawy 310r. I have the vids to proove it too..

    please share....

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    14
    +1
    1
    yes please share indeed

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by propac View Post
    yes please share indeed
    How do I attach vids from my phone?

  6. #6
    yamahamiamiski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    571
    +1
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by propac View Post
    yes please share indeed
    How do I attach vids from my phone?
    just upload vids to youtube and then post link

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    174
    +1
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogzilla View Post
    Has anyone experienced this or know if this normal for these machines? I tried with different trim positions but unless I feather it out of the hole it would cavitate.

    I'm hoping to have different results this weekend
    Welcome to the power of a SVHO! Try filling your intake grate cavities. These skis have a ton of power and will cavitate in stock form on launches. How many bounces off the limiter are you getting? 2 or occassionally 3?

  8. #8
    Here you go guys..




  9. #9
    310R would pull up top. It would hit 73 and hold 70 I believe with limiter and the svho would hit 70 and go back down to 68 when limiter kicked in.

  10. #10
    bscpaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LongIsland NY
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    139
    So from the looks of that video the stock svho out holeshot the modded ultra 310r in a race is this correct hmmm interesting....
    Would it be safe to say that if only the speed governer was removed from the svho that there would be no contest in a race against the 310r?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jim's Cut SVHO FZR PLATE TEST RESULTS !!
    By SAL08HO in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2015, 05:58 PM
  2. Break in process is complete on my svho fzr
    By a_rod856 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 05:50 PM
  3. FS Tial blow off valve for 2014 SVHO FZR, FZS, FZ etc. Complete R&D unit
    By Pigpenracing in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 07:07 PM
  4. 5hr SVHO FZR impression
    By Guidoo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 08:36 PM
  5. SVHO FZR results.
    By Dragdaddy71 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •