+1

Had to pull the engine from the GP800 ......

After pulling the stator cover off last fall when I bought it to free a seized bendix drive, replacing the cover and not knowing I need to line up the oil pump drive with the crank bolt it pushed the pump shaft thru the pump causing a leak.

Replaced with a used pump and all was good for a few trips. Drop our son off and he calls 20 minutes later saying the oil light is on. He brings it back to the ramp and the bottom of the hull is covered in oil and the pump is loose. Take it home, pull the pump and stick my finger in the hole it came from and feel a bolt head flopping around. . Oh boy. Pull the stator cover and find the original pump drive extension thing had fallen off and must had been rolling around inside the stator cover and must have jumped up and snapped off the bolt in the end of the crank shaft. Oh boy.

At least the bolt unscrewed with my thumb pressure. Got a new bolt but it wouldn't start. Get 10mm x 1.25 tap and "thought" I could chase out the threads. NOT happening. Tried drilling it a tad over sized to get to the threads that weren't boogered up. NOT happening.
    Looked at it and it didn't look to bad so in 30 minutes I had the engine out and hanging. Called the machine shop And the guy said bring it down. He tried tapping it. NOT happening. Drilling didn't work either. He said to leave it and he would hit the end inside the crank with a die grinder. I no sooner get home and he called saying it was done.

Ran back down and 20 bucks later had it home and it took about 2 hours to get it in and all buttoned up.
    Took it out for a spin and all is good.

+1
    Got it dialed in. Here's my nephew beating it up a little bit.

Thread Information