Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moving 300x from trailer to stand

Can someone tell me if the 300x can easily be pulled back by one person onto a watercraft stand or is a hoist to raise the ski necessary? I was thinking about spraying the bunks with Liquid Rollers first. Hoping I do not need to buy a hoist and can just unhook the bow strap and pull the ski back onto the stand.

Tell me what works for you...

Thanks!

+1
    Probably not easy those things are 1000 pounds or so. If you spray the bunks you will have other things to think about next time you pull into the ramp to unload. Dont unhook the front winch strap until you are in the water that stuff is really slick and it will slide off with only a little bit of effort. I usually have a couple of extra folks to drag the ski off onto the stand.

+1
    it probably won't be easy. I have never done this, though. It might be easier than Im thinking. Like gtxsc said, spraying the bunks would cause trouble unloading and loading and it might slide off.

Banned User
    +1
    You can do it alone no problem. I chalk my trailer tires, strap my stand to my trailer..... and use my ram 2500 to pull it off hahahaha

5. +1 by:

+1
    I didn't realize chalk was so strong.

You keyboard is as bad as mine. You could also pick the front of the trailer up and if the stand is lined up good it will just slide right onto it. If you do try this please video it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    You can do it alone no problem. I chalk my trailer tires, strap my stand to my trailer..... and use my ram 2500 to pull it off hahahaha
    Ok I think you are kidding about the pulling it off with the truck part but just making sure LOL! Please confirm.

Not worried about the other replies regarding the boat ramp. I never unhook my bow strap prior to backing down the ramp.

Why don't you put the ski in the water then lube up your trailer and put the ski back on?

+1
    Its not a problem at all. I use silicon spray on the carpet bunks of both, the stand and trailer. Its a one person job the ski slides effortlesly both directions.

10. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Arrow Trailer pull method of transferring watercraft hull from trailer to shop cart/dolly

Quote Originally Posted by SSGViper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Ok I think you are kidding about the pulling it off with the truck part but just making sure LOL! Please confirm.

Not worried about the other replies regarding the boat ramp. I never unhook my bow strap prior to backing down the ramp.
    I have used the trailer pull method at times. Straightforward, as follows.

Position trailer so there is room for the stand behind the trailer and in line with the trailer bunks. Tie stand to the trailer so it will roll together with the trailer when you drive forward.

Now use a rope or strap to tie the rear of the ski to a fixed object directly in line behind the stand. I use the tow hook on the ski to a solid point on my garage wall.

Snug up the rear rope, then unhook the front winch strap from the hull bow eye.

At this point there should be nothing holding the watercraft on the trailer except friction.

Have an assistant stand to one side of the watercraft. Their job is to signal you when you have driven forward too far. Actually, when you have driven forward just far enough

Slowly, very slowly, drive the tow vehicle forward. The trailer and the PWC stand will also move forward. The watercraft will not move. Within a few feet of forward driving the watercraft will now be on the stand and off the trailer. Stop driving forward!

Unhook the stand from the trailer. Pull the watercraft and stand together away from the trailer. In my case I always attach straps front and rear between the watercraft and the stand so the hull cannot slide off accidentally.

I often have Liquid Rollers silicone spray applied to my trailer bunks. It makes it much easier to slide the hull on and off the trailer. It only lasts a few weeks before I need to reapply. When I have bunk lubricant I rarely need to use the trailer pull method as I can shift the hull on and off by hand (with two people this is much easier).
    Last edited by K447; 08-05-2014 at 01:31 PM.

12. +1 by:

+1
    way to complicated... just spray the bunks and slide the ski. I have done it 10 + times by myself and its very easy.

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information