Arrow 2009 RXP 215 How to maintain and upkeep

Hi all,
    I just bought a great condition 2009 Seadoo RXP 215
    It is in great shape with no issues so far. The guy I bought it from was very knowledgeable about it and said the supercharger was rebuilt 30 hrs ago and the jet pump has a new impeller. He said it doesn't need any maintenance for a while.
    I don't have a manual for this thing yet and I know its complicated, but I would like to stay on top of things and run through the normal checks I should do just to prevent failures (if I can).
    Can someone help me out by telling me what I should check for and lube or what type of lube etc?
    This is my first 4 stoke jet ski and I'm in love with it so far.
    Currently fixing the trailer it came with due to broken leaf springs and bad seals.
    But any help on the mechanics of this bad a$$ ski would be appreciated!
    thanks,
    Mike

+1
    seadoomanuals.net download a free shop manual. download it to a tablet or print it and keep it near the toilet. it's more helpful to get the basics than most would think...

I saw that site. Thanks.
    But it says supplement on the pdf manuals. Doesn't that mean incomplete manuals?
    Think i can use the 2008 RXP manual? I don't think much has changed from 2008-2009

+1
    It says that the supplement is to be used with the 2008 manual yes, it's complete that way, you use both. Basically the 08 manual is good for everything except for the driveline, the shaft and seals appear to be different on the 09. As far as everything maintenance and engine related just use the 08 like the instructions on page 6 of the supplement says.

Curious did he give you the paperwork showing that the supercharger was rebuilt? How many hours on the actual ski?

Also there are many threads on the lube, some use fluidflim... the XPS Seadoo lube to WD40.

143 hours showing. He said it was done at 110 hours. Its VERY clean and he was particular about using seadoo engine oil and the seadoo spray for the throttle body. I don't think he's lying about having it rebuilt. I hope not at least! lol

What should I use to lube up the OPAS paddles?

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop_ina_Can View Post
    143 hours showing. He said it was done at 110 hours. Its VERY clean and he was particular about using seadoo engine oil and the seadoo spray for the throttle body. I don't think he's lying about having it rebuilt. I hope not at least! lol

Yeah I hope so as well. Have you taken it out on the water yet?

I like to think people are truthful as well...but I'd rather trust and validate. Kinda strange he didn't show you some paperwork showing the rebuild. Or even the bill from it...something. I would ask him for this eventhough you might already be stuck with the machine.

As for the OPAS paddles, where are you located? I only lube mine up with fluidflim when I'm winterizing or if it's sitting for a extended period of time. Just lube any bushings or moving parts from it with your lube of choice.

I'm in Florida. Gainesville area. Mostly ride fresh water.
    Yes I did test ride it before I bought. Heard it run out of the water and in the water. She purrs.

Thread Information