Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Virage TX low ride

I just recently purchased a 2000 Polaris Virage TX. One thing I noticed is that the back end seems to ride really low and sometimes seem to go under water. Is this just the design? It's not like it's sinking or anything, but something I wanted to find out if it's just me being a bit paranoid or if there's something I should be concerned with. When I hit the throttle, it's not an issue at all. I don't have much experience with other ski's so it may just be me. Just seems a bit lower than I've seen other skis before.

Thanks

Naturally skis are going to a rather "sink" in the back end, that is until the ski gets going and balances back out. Not sure about that model though, if there was a different design to it or something.

Thanks. I really don't think it's an issue. Just thought is ask if anyone has one of these and if it's lower compared to others.

Mine rides, pretty low in the back, when I come to a quick stop, the water that comes from the wake tends to "flood" the foot wells. not an issue that I can see...

Great thanks. Must just be the design.

Banned User
    +1
    Perfectly normal.

Thanks. I figured, but wanted to be sure.

+1
    I have a Genesis and Virage i. I've noticed how low the Virage stern dipps down in the water especially when reboarding. My Gen is not that bad, but it's a larger hull.

Ok, so I had my Ski out this weekend and it was a bit rough out on the bay. Had a lot of fun. But I noticed that after idleling for a minute or two in rougher water, the back half of the ski was below the water and the water was above the footwell walls by a couple inches or more. Has anyone experienced this? I took off once I noticed and was running fine after that and didn't see any water in the hull when I got back to the dock about 10 minutes later. I know I've brought this up, but want to make sure this isn't something out of the ordinary. I don't think a bilge pump would have pumped enough water to start sinking it that quickly. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but I don't see this happening to my buddy's skis. I know mine is designed different though.

Banned User
    +1
    If you think you may have water in the hull just look to see if the bilge pump is pumping water out. If nothing is coming out the bilge outlet, then you are fine as long as you know the pump works. They do sit a little low in the water at idle. Depending on how much you weigh that could make a difference too. I go around 210 and at idle the rear rub rail is right at water level.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information