+1

Weight of supercharger ?

Hi All

Emailed Jerry a few months back re a few of us here in Northern Ireland sending our Superchargers to Jerry for rebuild etc.
    Does anyone know the weight of a 215 supercharger in lbs or kilos so I can approximate how much it will cost to have it sent across the pond.
    Alternatively if you have a supercharger of a GTR 215 sitting around you couldn't be a dear and pop it onto your bathroom scales lol
    Thanks in advance

Mark

+1
    Fair comment ...... we're remote here even getting tools be a prob..... thanks for the input

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by saxwinder View Post
    Hi All

Emailed Jerry a few months back re a few of us here in Northern Ireland sending our Superchargers to Jerry for rebuild etc.
    Does anyone know the weight of a 215 supercharger in lbs or kilos so I can approximate how much it will cost to have it sent across the pond.
    Alternatively if you have a supercharger of a GTR 215 sitting around you couldn't be a dear and pop it onto your bathroom scales lol
    Thanks in advance

Mark
    I'd think Jerry has a pretty good idea of how much they weigh considering he deals with them everyday. But I wanna say they weigh in right around 5lbs, having just re-installed mine last month.

Quote Originally Posted by aaameteorites View Post
    Why not rebuild it yourself. Its a no brainer, tools are inexpensive for the job and you'll be ready for all future rebuilds. I believe the rebuild kits come from Austria. It was my first time and took only 2-3 hours to do so. Yes it costs perhaps $200 initially for tools and lubes, loctites but I can now rebuild for only the cost of the kit.
    As big of an advocate of DIY'ing that I am, and also being pretty mechanically inclined, all the tools roughly cost $200, than you also need a shop press (another ~$100 for a crappy one), vs $75 to Jerry. That's ~4 rebuilds before breaking even. As long as you KNOW you'll be keeping the ski for >400hrs/>8yrs, than you know it's worth it.

+1
    Hi

Whats the shop press do actually ... and is it specific to seadoo r would any press do ......

Last edited by cjhoward; 04-20-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aaameteorites View Post
    Why not rebuild it yourself. Its a no brainer, tools are inexpensive for the job and you'll be ready for all future rebuilds. I believe the rebuild kits come from Austria. It was my first time and took only 2-3 hours to do so. Yes it costs perhaps $200 initially for tools and lubes, loctites but I can now rebuild for only the cost of the kit.

I'm not a dentist,so i don't repair my own toth.....,so let the mechanic to do his job if you want a good result:thumbup:

7. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for the info it's the wee things make all the difference

+1
    They're normally 9 pounds boxed up. I shipped quite a few over the last year.

+1
    Many Thanks 67 !!!!!!

Thread Information