Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Need help choosing a ski!

Im looking to buy a new ski since i just sold my 2000 gp1200r due to riding newer seadoos and it having problems. Ive rode the gti se 130 and wake 155 and gti limited 155 and loved them all but it wasnt as fast as i would like it to be. Im looking at the seadoo gtr 215 or rxp x 260. A kid i no has an rxp x and says its the best thing he has ever riden. I live on long island and will be using the ski in the bay and possibly the ocean but im trying to figure out which one is ideal for me. I love the look of the rxpx but ive read that its top speed is 67 while the gtr`s is 65 so is it worth the extra 3k for 2 mph? help!

+1
    There are differences between the two skis other than "the extra 3k for 2 mph". Although kudos for knowing what you think you want. If you have it narrowed down to those skis, you should just do a little more research on them. What year are you looking for? How much are you looking to spend? I have found that you can buy some left over SC skis for cheaper than people are listing their used 2011+ skis for on Craigslist.

+1
    Had my gtr up to 66mph this weekend in 6" chop. Felt like she could have done 68mph no problem in calmer waters. Haven't done too much wot with her yet. The seat is like a couch, super comfy but a pain in the ass to keep clean. Z cleaner has been amazing for this. Has 15hrs on her so far and has been great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterguy00 View Post
    Had my gtr up to 66mph this weekend in 6" chop. Felt like she could have done 68mph no problem in calmer waters. Haven't done too much wot with her yet. The seat is like a couch, super comfy but a pain in the ass to keep clean. Z cleaner has been amazing for this. Has 15hrs on her so far and has been great.
    Not bad, If you dont mind me asking, what did the total price come out to be when you bought it? im looking to put around 4 or 5k down.

+1
    Im just looking to put 4 or 5k down on a new ski and want something that can handle rough waters good. Something wih more speed than the 130`s and 155`s. I no there are more differences between the two skis im just going by from what i have read online.

+1
    Total out the door was 12.5k with a black karavan single trailer last Aug. Was a 2013 gtr and a 2014 trailer. I put down 2k and financed the rest. Think my Apr on the loan is around 2% (credit union was running a special) payment is $187 a month.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterguy00 View Post
    Total out the door was 12.5k with a black karavan single trailer last Aug. Was a 2013 gtr and a 2014 trailer. I put down 2k and financed the rest. Think my Apr on the loan is around 2% (credit union was running a special) payment is $187 a month.
    Not bad at all, thanks for the info!

+1
    Insurance through progressive for me is $206. Not bad for us northerners think floridians pay closer to a grand for insurance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin96xx View Post
    Im just looking to put 4 or 5k down on a new ski and want something that can handle rough waters good. Something wih more speed than the 130`s and 155`s. I no there are more differences between the two skis im just going by from what i have read online.
    You might want to consider a left over. There is a dealership down there selling left over 2012 Ultra 300Xs for $10,500. PM me if you want the link to their ad. I've been going back and forth on buying one myself.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHNORR12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin96xx View Post
    You might want to consider a left over. There is a dealership down there selling left over 2012 Ultra 300Xs for $10,500. PM me if you want the link to their ad. I've been going back and forth on buying one myself.
    Im only interested in buying seadoo, gonna take my time and look, possibly attend one of the test ride tours. Thank you though

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information