Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2006 STX 12F issues multiple codes

Have a customers ski that was sitting for 3 years. Changed gas and fuel pump was badly corroded. New Spark Plugs, New Battey, New Fuel Filter, Hard start but when it catches runs real smooth. Hit throttle nothing but lag. No RPM above 3500. FI Light flashes on dash and then FPO, Pulled Codes and 1st code says water temp senser 2nd code stored nothing. Active codes Throttle Sensor, Cam Sensor, Crank Sensor, Air Temp Sensor, Vehical down sensor? 1st injector. with all those codes active how can the ski run at all? any input would be helpful, tried to clear codes no luck all still there. Kawasaki diag not the best but it works

+1
    I had a similar issue that drove me nuts on my 12F. In my case it turned out to be some corrosion on the connectors for the MAP and Intake temp sensors. This may not be the case here, but it's the basics and it's easy to check.
    Also, read this thread, the author did an amazing job on it..

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186939

Good luck..

checked all connectors, cleaned ground connection. Harness is in perfect shape no corrosion. Still no rpm above 2800 and f1 flashing on dash and then FPO. Code pulled occurred code air temp sensor. Active codes almost every sensor listed. Very puzzled. Any info would help

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    check for stray a/c at the battery, if a leg of he regulator has gone out the electrics can go bat shit crazy

have a good look at the ecu connector also

5. +1 by:

+1
    Also, if it was sitting that long it would be a good idea to have the injectors cleaned and spray tested. These guys do a great job and fast turnaround. They just did 16 for me:

http://clean.injectorrx.com

-Greg

+1
    I Had a similar problem where it wouldn't rev past 4k. Problem turned out to be a puncture in the blue collar around the exhaust manifold/exhaust pipe connection.

8. +1 by:

Still have issues with this ski. Injectors cleaned and balanced no Change, Tried different Throttle body with TPS, No Change, 260 PSI Compression, 45 PSI fuel Pressure, New Spark Plugs, No exhaust leaks what so ever, Idles perfect but FI Flashes 10 seconds after starting then FPO and beeping indication. Throttle goes to 3500 rpm in surging intervals like a limp mode if over heated. Pulled code and every sensor says active fault. Tried a different ECU and no change. Every connector unplugged and inspected no corrosion. I am completely lost on this repair. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks

If have an access to another dash meter (from either 12F or 15F), try it. You don't have to remove/install. The connectors can be easily accessed from the front hatch opening. You can just have the other meter just sitting inside the storage bucket (but secured). I've heard bad meter causing FI codes and poor running condition of engine.

+1
    I had a problem with multiple injector faults and it turned out to be shorts in the wiring harness. I changed both harnesses out with used ones off eBay and the problem completely went away.

-Greg

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Try another dash, MGM knows what he is talking about, these dashes go out and the ski goes nuts.

Sean

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information