So i know this is not the best place to put this but someone probably has an answer. I was helping a friend install a radio in his small boat tonight I have done this on cars at least 50 times including amps and radios. Got the radio mounted connected the ground wire to the batteries ground terminal i will admit have never grounded to the battery before but not a whole lot of other options in this boat. wired the 12 volt to the positive terminal I then ran a another wire from the 12 volt to a toggle switch and connected the remote wire to that so it could be used as a kill switch as to not pull on the battery when not in use. As soon as I connect the remote switch the ground wire started to burn where it had been connected to the ground wire on the radio anyone ever had this happen before or know the probable cause it has never happened to me before.