Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Potential New Buyer Looking For Help

Hey guys, new to the forums here, stumbled across this place while doing some searches for some Skis. Hey quick question for you all with much more experience than myself. I have been eyeing two separate skis in the market and am working with several different dealers trying to work out a trailer + ski combo. Or at the very least, get them to toss the trailer in . One of the models we had debated about for a while was the Spark. However, I was quickly talked out of that, and told to try something a little nicer like a 2014 Yamaha VX Deluxe. Seems like a great ski. One of the things I am completley torn about is weather or not to buy used, or new. I have stumbled across a 2007 Sea Doo GTI with approximately 50 hours on it, and comes with trailer for $4500. Owner says its ready to run with no issues. Is a 2007 with only 50 hours on it a huge red flag? Shouldn't the ski at least had 30-40 hours per year? Any help in this matter would be appreciated. It will help me determine whether or not I should be jumping on this hell of a deal or something. Here is a post for the ski. http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/4466725839.html

Look forward to hearing your responses and thanks in advance for the newb help.

Jason

+1
    I wouldn't recommend getting a VX unless you will be riding on glass. 50 hr is pretty low for an 07. I have over 80 hrs on my '13.

No definitely will not be riding on glass. Mainly inter-coastal on the Florida Coast. So I'd say mild chop on a fairly consistent basis. That being said, ill gladly steer clear of it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IIIEXOCETIII View Post
    No definitely will not be riding on glass. Mainly inter-coastal on the Florida Coast. So I'd say mild chop on a fairly consistent basis. That being said, ill gladly steer clear of it.
    You might want to look at a Kawasaki Ultra LX or a Yamaha FX HO if you are looking for comfort in the rough.

+1
    As said the hours are low but some people get skis and hardly use them I put 80hrs on my last P-x in less than 3month my mate got a new gp1300r in 08 and its done 12hrs lol.
    I ride mainly in the sea and have rode a mates fx ho and it is a fair old lump just feels huge,kwaks don't feel as big and are king of the chop out these 3,Gti hull was doing well in cc racing with s/c engine.
    Id go gti or kwak personaly.

+1
    How about the RXT or RXT-X......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    The t-x is all fine and well, but He was comparing the VX deluxe and a GTI, so I figured he either wants a NA ski so he don't have to deal with a sc or he has a budget that the sc skis are over.

+1
    I think first you really need to figure out what you're comfortable spending on a ski. Would you be willing to spend an extra 2 or 3K getting a newer ski with a warranty on it over an older ski with out a warranty.

Do you care if its supercharged or not?

Well figured id toss an update out to you guys. Ended up picking up a 2013 Yamaha VX Deluxe new from a dealer. Ended up able to finagle a 5 year warranty from Yamaha on it. Figured with that I couldn't go wrong. Eagerly got it home on the afternoon on Saturday. Immediately hit the water. Not know very much about ski's besides renting them, I would have to say im thoroughly impressed. Great unit. Has plenty of power, or so it seems. Hit 59mph the other day on the water. (Full Tilt). When we got of the water im like damn that was fun, got home and noticed somehow in some kind miracle i had sucked up a globe of some fishing twine. I thought, great, how did this happen? As i was very careful even starting the unit in less than 3-4 feet of water. You could look in what I call the "Hole in the end" and see twine sticking out. Luckily it looked as if it somehow made it past the impeller and wrapped itself around the "Jet Looking Thing" (Gotta love newb jetski lingo) and was able to pick pieces out one by one, until the knot and mess of twine finally came out. Spent the evening cleaning out fishing line first day on the water. Geeeesh.

Decided to take it out again today, this time we had me and my wife on it, and towing a tuber behind us. Plenty of power.. Can dump the tuber any time I like :P. All in all, I'd have to say I made a smart choice? (Shrug) lol. But as people had mentioned Yamaha was super reliable, and I have a killer warranty. Lets see how she holds up.
    Last edited by IIIEXOCETIII; 06-01-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: fixed

+1
    Good to hear. Enjoy your new VX.

Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    I'm confused. Do you post this in every thread as a joke or are you're just completely ignorant as to what the OP is asking 100% of the time?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information