Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Sudden Vibration, High RPMs and Loss of Speed

While I was riding over the weekend randomly the jetski would vibrate a lot and would go no where at 5000 rpms. It would happen at random times. It felt like something in the pump or relating to the pump? Could there have been something sucked up? Could it be a carbon seal? Engine alignment? Pulled the jetski out the first time it happened and the pump was pristine. It went away once I turned it off and restarted it. It happened twice.

+1
    id lean towards something sucked up. had something similar happen last time out and it took a while to dislodge it. ended up cupping water from the nozzle towards the grate and that got it cleaned out.

+1
    Also seen broken mounts do this. Factory mounts are shit

+1
    Also sounds like a miss fire. Quite possible you have a spark plug issue. Mositure around the spark plug can cause an intermitten short or simply just a bad spark plug. Its the easiest to rule out. Thats why i carry 3 extra spark plugs and tools.

On a side note, i was talking to a Spark owner and i asked him what would happen if you needed to change a spark plug on the water. Because it is a frequent repair on the water. He said its not easy and you will need to remove the top half of the hull.
    Is That true for the Spark owners?

+1
    Check your pump and grate,sounds like you sucked something up...also check the nose cone on the prop,make sure it is still attached and hasnt walked up the shaft...

Quote Originally Posted by Jec View Post
    While I was riding over the weekend randomly the jetski would vibrate a lot and would go no where at 5000 rpms. It would happen at random times. It felt like something in the pump or relating to the pump? Could there have been something sucked up? Could it be a carbon seal? Engine alignment? Pulled the jetski out the first time it happened and the pump was pristine. It went away once I turned it off and restarted it. It happened twice.

My RXP chewed up the rubber nose cone yesterday after sucking some up some curly leaf weeds in my lake yesterday. Had the same symptoms. Check the pump/ nose cone again first.

+1
    My nose cone is not on there. I ordered a new one. Is there a trick to securing the Solas nose cone to the impeller? Mine is just a push fit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jec View Post
    My nose cone is not on there. I ordered a new one. Is there a trick to securing the Solas nose cone to the impeller? Mine is just a push fit.
    OK...were did your nose cone go???Was there one on there before??If so then you need to look up in your carbon seal cause thats were your issue is at....As far as your new one????You should see if you can return it....you are better off not running it BUT if you choose to then use lots of red lock tight and OR take a screw driver and burr up the threads on the new one before you spin it on...the burred up threads will help it from backing off..

+1
    I think I originally didn't put it on because I read on here that has no advantage. But once I heard that could be my issue I ordered one. When it started having these symptoms there was no cone on there.

+1
    The only way the cone will cause issues is by having one on there and it coming loose....not having one won't cause any issues at all..especially vibration wise

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information