Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GTX DI Hose Hunting

Hey everyone,

After a 2 year hiatus, I've finally got my rebuilt engine back in my 02 GTX DI. During that time, kinda lost track of where all the hoses went. I didn't label them either, so it's been quite the puzzle so far........... Ski is running, and I've ordered up a CandooPro as I have a hard Maintenance light that doesn't stay reset. Just when I thought I had all the hoses in place, there's one coming from a grommet through the hull on the starboard side. Not sure where it goes or what it's function is. There's another grommet hooked up already which kinda looks like it catches water from the steering column and drains it through the grommet.

I have the Cooling System Indicator hooked up on the Port side from the top of the Tuned Pipe. I've noticed that when the water first comes on it flows steady, but then it seems as if it barely drips after a few seconds. Haven't tried it in the water yet, just on the hose. In different diagrams it almost looks as if there is a T between the CSI and this mystery grommet, but I see no evidence of one on the machine. The remaining hose is fairly long, so not too sure where it goes. Anyone know it's purpose and placement?

Thanks.

+1
    I am not seeing a grommet thru hull on the starboard side on my 03 GTXDI. It has a dummy nipple sticking into the engine compartment but it has no hole. (looks like the jet pump housing that is mounts to is used on multiple applications and for my application it does not serve a purpose so the blank is not removed) You can barely see it in my pic just above the steering cable.

Not sure on the cooling system the top of my tuned pipe connects to my air pump. Yours should be the same I would think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140601_063434.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	330939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140601_063446.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	330940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140601_063452.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	330941  

Thanks for the info. I thought I replied to this earlier but apparently I did not. I'm going to take a few pictures to show where I mean. My CandooPro arrived yesterday so I put it on this morning and am getting a P0166 "Engine Temperature Sensor Out of Range." At the time of trip it was also giving me a low voltage code which come first, and engine temp was at 104 f while exhaust and intake were both 57 f. I'm just about to take the battery off the tender to try again. I'll snap a few pictures as well.

Thanks for the info. I thought I replied to this earlier but apparently I did not. I'm going to take a few pictures to show where I mean. My CandooPro arrived yesterday so I put it on this morning and am getting a P0166 "Engine Temperature Sensor Out of Range." At the time of trip it was also giving me a low voltage code which come first, and engine temp was at 104 f while exhaust and intake were both 57 f. I'm just about to take the battery off the tender to try again. I'll snap a few pictures as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0269.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	332616 A) hose going from top of tune pipe

Name:	DSC_0270.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	332617B) this is where the other end of the hose exits through the Port side, (A-B)

Name:	DSC_0271.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	332618This is where I'm unsure of things. Currently there's a larger hose and a longer one smaller in diameter that exit out through these two Grommets on the Starboard side.

Name:	DSC_0294.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	332619This is the hose, it stretches out to just about the rear of the engine.

Name:	DSC_0298.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	332620 And ends up here.

Any ideas? I tend to call things an air vent when i'm not sure. Hopefully this is so. The ski now runs, now that I have all the right electrical connections. The engine temperature fault was because I had crossed the connectors from the knock sensor and Engine temp sensor. They both are the same size plug and are around the same area as well.

D'Oh.

This may sound silly but.. Battery vent hose?

Works for me. I just put it on there and besides the foot or so of slack, it fit ok. Taking it for a water test in a few minutes. Thanks.

I just got back from a test on the water. Worked excellent at first, then a somewhat quick bogging occurred to the point it quit in the middle of the pond
    I suspect water getting in the engine, whether it be a drain not draining quickly enough or me having a hose on the wrong place
    place. Works 100% on the hose, and no lights come up on the display. I'm going to find the hose diagrams and label everything, take pictures of everything to see where I've messed up.

Should mention it will run the very same after sitting for 5 minutes. And it stayed at an idle for a long time as well.

+1
    I am laughing so hard right now, because I was doing the same on my 03 gtx di 2 hrs ago.

Go here: http://www.seadoomanuals.net

And download the shop manual. Go to the section on cooling and there is a hose and flow diagram. Life saver. If you are still stumped let me know and I can try and help.

There is a big hose that connects from the bottom of the air pump to the throttle body. Very easy to mistake this for a coolant line.

11. +1 by:

GGG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information