05 RXP Supercharger Failed

Making a long story short I now have the pleasure of going through an 05 RXP that ate the ceramic washers from the supercharger. I am in the process of tearing down, cleaning up an inspecting the engine. How extreme of a tear down is recommended after a clutch failure? Anything I should also inspect other than bearings and oil pumps? As far as I have gotten in the tear down is pulling the magneto/ pto cover and oil separator housing to inspect the oil pumps. Both the oil pump and the rotor are pitted and round. Oil pump covers are scored deeply but the housings are just enough to catch a finger nail on. What would a lot of you recommend with the housings replace them or run them? The oil pumps and oil pump covers I am planning to replace. Thank you for any help. Hoping I can bring a peace of mind to someone else's toy and the stress I get from resurrecting it.

Banned User
    +1
    Welcome to the forum!

Post pics of what you see. A full tear down and FLUSH is needed to ensure you have all the clutch parts accounted for...once small part not found can and will clog oil passages, killing a motor within minutes...

We will do our best to advise you on the next step, because while it is apart, NOW is the time to take care of all the associated weak points of the 04/05 motor (weak valves, flywheel bolts, oil restrictor)...

One thing I would like to ask, since it is apart....what is your END GOAL? Meaning, do you want to just rebuild and ride?...or rebuild with a few toys installed? The motors respond very well to simple upgrades, and some items make the motor run more efficiently and worry free.....

Also, where are you located?

--Danny

+1
    One thing Danny told me when I bought my used 04RXP...

Get those ceramic washers out!!!!!! The original owner had not updated it so I took the SC'er off and sent it to Danny for the update washers.... And I have been happy since... My ski is pretty much stock...

if you want to add those " Go Faster" toys, Danny can help you with some suggestions...

Thank you Danny for all your help over the years..

Good luck on your over haul
    DG

Here is a quick pic of the oil separator pieces. Honestly I feel they are boned and will need new housings. I just keep second guessing myself in hopes that it isn't as bad as I want to think it is. Sadly if it was my ski I wouldn't be at this point. I would of done the supercharger rebuild 3 years ago instead of the owner telling me if you pay for it I will get it fixed. I should of just ate the bill back then. Now I get to eat a bigger bill till they can afford to pay me back. I would love to ad some more power to the jet ski but I have a bad feeling the owner is going to have a hard time paying me to fix it to the point of making it fun and reliable to ride. So with that being said probably fix it good and make it reliable. Because I just don't feel like going through this again. Thank you for your help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0521.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	330850

Banned User
    +1
    Clean the housing up with some fine grit paper to take off the sharp edges...replace the other 3 parts, and you should be fine...
    Last edited by Danny; 05-31-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: stupid typo...

+1
    Crazy - I'm doing the 'flywheel bolts' and 'oiler mode' + plus new valves on my 05 RXP as preventative measures, and decided to inspect my oil pumps as I had a bearing fail on the supercharger and lock up the Motor. All the bits were accounted for, cage and ball bearings so i was very surprised to see both oil pumps look just like what you have posted Jamie. Do those parts just 'pull' apart? I've only inspected them still 'inplace'. The surface of the 'gear looking unit' on mine doesn't seem to have a mark, but I have the same scratches on the covers and housing.

Have you replaced the flywheel bolts yet? If so do you have any pictures or links of how to?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Have you replaced the flywheel bolts yet? If so do you have any pictures or links of how to?
    IS your motor out yet? It will be a lot easier then its basically pulling the PTO cover and changing the bolts. You can do it in the Ski but you wont save anytime really

9. +1 by:

Thread Information