+1

Coolant-water temp at 99 and alarming

I am out riding with my buddy. His temp on the dash or his 06 p with an x charger is going sparatic from 80-99 and givining just a long beep alarm. I have changed the exhaust temp sensor and no change. Is this the cooland and temp sensor going? This is at Crusing speed, not wot, and it will read this even Acter sitting at the dock for over an hour. All the exhAust lines are cool and flowing as well. Any insight would be great.

thanks,

jeff

+1
    This is off the phone, sorry for the jibberish. I hope it is the coolant sensor going bad but I don't have the candoo here

+1
    There is no coolant temp gauge on the dash

That is lake temp he is reading

Banned User
    +1
    Yea, thats water temp...

Its probably the waterbox temp sensor, need to make sure its getting enough water through the waterbox...

The Jpipe could be clogged...Is he running a strainer?

Where do you guys ride? I've had a bunch of skis come through my garage with the same issue, turns out when these guys would beach their skis it would load the pump up with sand, and get caught in the Jpipe water holes...Even the exhaust outlet fitting would be packed with sand...Cleaned it out, all good...Also installed a strainer

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Yea, thats water temp...

Its probably the waterbox temp sensor, need to make sure its getting enough water through the waterbox...

The Jpipe could be clogged...Is he running a strainer?

Where do you guys ride? I've had a bunch of skis come through my garage with the same issue, turns out when these guys would beach their skis it would load the pump up with sand, and get caught in the Jpipe water holes...Even the exhaust outlet fitting would be packed with sand...Cleaned it out, all good...Also installed a strainer

I don't have a strainer we are riding on lake Wisconsin. I did have it beached on a sandbar last week but it was beeping at me before I did that. We changed the water box sensor last Monday hooked it to the hose and the temp was registering normal then after 20 min of riding yesterday in deep water it started again.

Banned User
    +1
    When running it on the hose, the water goes straight to the top of the Jpipe. While on the hose you can not get enough flow through the exhaust to simulate ON-WATER conditions...PLUS, when on the water, the Jpipe is being fed by water that is already passed through the exhaust manifold, so its already hot when it gets to the Jpipe...

Pull the water hose that connects the top of the Jpipe to the exhaust manifold, look for sand...if there is sand, then you might want to take off the Jpipe and inspect...

+1
    Looks like I got a week day project then. Thanks for all the help

+1
    Thanks Danny, seems like that did the trick

Thread Information