speedster 200 intercooler swap

Hi new to forum ,

My buddy and I also just bought a 2007 speedster 200 with 14 hrs on it. The first thing I did was replace the washers, and it did have the ceramic one on it.

We just took it out for the first time and after a weekend of working on it I find out that the right intercooler is bad.
    So now I need to check the other side and see. So instead of spending a fortune on new ones , Im want to do a remote intercooler set up on them. Has anyone on here done one yet.

Wow no one has done a swap, ok how about on a ski and not a boat or did I just join the wrong forum..

+1
    It has been done by a few S200 owners. I think you have to build brackets to hold the intercoolers correctly and work out the plumbing. I haven't made the switch myself and is something I want to do in the future. If you search you'll come across the threads. Sorry couldn't be more help.

How did you determine your intercooler is bad? That is pretty low hours.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mark2m View Post
    It has been done by a few S200 owners. I think you have to build brackets to hold the intercoolers correctly and work out the plumbing. I haven't made the switch myself and is something I want to do in the future. If you search you'll come across the threads. Sorry couldn't be more help.

How did you determine your intercooler is bad? That is pretty low hours.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
    Well it's been a long journey on figuring it out , short story is bought from a couple in co . Had water in the intake , milky oil, ran like crap over 4500. Dealer in co said it was common to have some condensation in the intake , they said it needed to be ran heated up and should clear out.

they were right on the left motor but the right motor did not clear up , so after some research I pressure tested the cooler on the left motor and it had a major leak . So that explained all the symptoms we had,
    i ordered the new coolers today and yes mounting the coolers should be the hardest part of the swap.

Second thing is is I was told is now it's going to turn more revs , so for now I need to limit the throttle to keep it around 8 k until I repitch the impellers to match the extra power. I guess there is a few other things I can do also .

+1
    I did a Speedster 200 build a few years ago. There is a thread here about it. You can order the factory I/C brackets from the Speedster 200 with the 510hp option.

Thread Information