Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

check engine light

Has anybody ever had a check engine light on a fzr but it doesn't show any codes on the factory dash? Motor starts and runs fine and will rev fine. No strange noises or anything. I have checked all the connections on the harness to see if something was unplugged. I think i may have to hook it up YDIS to fine out but was trying to figure it out on my own. Any help will be greatly appreciated

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    Has anybody ever had a check engine light on a fzr but it doesn't show any codes on the factory dash? Motor starts and runs fine and will rev fine. No strange noises or anything. I have checked all the connections on the harness to see if something was unplugged. I think i may have to hook it up YDIS to fine out but was trying to figure it out on my own. Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Yes.

I had it happen when I put a reflashed ECU back into my ski. Unplugged the 3 connectors from the ECU...then hit the starter for 5 secs. Let everything power down and sit for 5 mins. Replug the connectors back in on the ECU and then bump the starter...only enough to power the skis electronics, DO NOT start it. Let the ski completely shutdown (30secs for bilge pump and green light on dash). Then start and see if that takes care of the check engine light.

Or throw it on YDS and see what triggered the error.
    Last edited by BLACKSTI; 06-01-2014 at 01:07 AM.

+1
    That sounds like its worth a try. Ill try it tomm and ill let u know

+1
    Tried what blacksti suggested and still getting the check engine light

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    Can you give some background on the ski...
    is this a stock ski or have you had it reflashed...

+1
    Just curious if these skis throw CEL's when you hit a milestone for the maintenance...ex: 10,50,100 hours? I know the Seadoo I own does. Not sure about the Yamaha?

+1
    I had this happen when I use a ecu off of a FX sho on a fz beacuse the FZ does not have a cruze control and the ecu was programed for a ski with cruze on it. Tommy Jordan

+1
    This is a 2010 fzr that i have just done a full motor rebuild on and just got everything on it buttoned up and fired up. The first time i started it a few weeks ago it didnt do it but the boat only ran a few seconds. The when i went to go to the water yesterday i started it up and got the service engine light and beeper. I have checked every connection and cleaned them and out dielectric grease and checked everything i can think of. This is a reflashed ecu that i have had now for a year. I have changed the reflash to different versions but it the same ecu that i have had on this boat since it was bought new.

+1
    maby they installed a FX reflash instead if a FZ reflash that would cause your problem, Can you test your ecu on another fz ski to see if you get the same beeping, Tommy Jordan

+1
    Yes i can tommy i can try that on another boat this week. Dont have one near me at the time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information