Gp1300 bogging down on sharp turns, pump overstuffed?

I have a bone stock 03 gp1300, I noticed if a turn one way, then imminently turn the other, the bottom of the ski hits the water and the ski bogs down then picks back up again, it also does this every once in a while when at part throttle then go full. It hits 66mph at full throttle and sounds good so it seems like the engine is running fine. I searched through the forums and could not find a similar situation to mine, but i did check compression and plugs, all good, the ski has only 66 hours on it!

Pump shoe sealed ! Intake grate installed ?

I don't have either.. i just didn't think a stock 1300 would do that on a hard turn out of factory, or is this a common issue with them, ive only owned 1200's and never had this problem unless it was carb issues

+1
    There are inserts in the pump shoe from the factory that degrade and fall out over time. I would pick up a pump seal kit from the greenhulk store and check your impeller to wear ring clearance.

Thank you for clarifying that makes a lot of sense, I am receiving a concord 13/19 prop this week, should I wait to install it until i get the above taken care of? I guess i am asking if it will make my issue even worse

I would, also check shaft for wear and strator and ring also
    Quote Originally Posted by soulraver View Post
    Thank you for clarifying that makes a lot of sense, I am receiving a concord 13/19 prop this week, should I wait to install it until i get the above taken care of? I guess i am asking if it will make my issue even worse

+1
    Hello Soulraver, and welcome to the hulk. Yes keeping your 60 hour GP1300 stock, is a good thing. You can however improve overall performance with some bolt-on's and adjustments. Yes, you should consider the PPK (pump shoe kit), it is about $70. Do you have a top load intake grate ? And you should consider an aftermarket ride plate ( this one item will provide the most gain in performance & speed). You might want to adjust your sponsons. They are "YAS", Yamaha Adjustable Sponsons, you can put front leading edge all the way up & lower rear trailing edge all the way down. You will have to notch the center hole on the sponson out a little to allow for you to move them in this way. This should help in your turns. Also 66 mph on GPS is not bad @ all for stock ski ... if you are getting 66 mph on the guess-o-meter, you are most likely not that fast. You can purchase a handheld Etrex 10 GPS for under $100. then you will know your real speed. Your choice of the 13/19 prop will greatly improve your hole shot. Good luck & keep us updated.

Thread Information