2008 RXP-255 Throttle Body Sticking

This is the second year I've had this issue now. I got it serviced last year by the guy here in Jacksonville, Florida but he is slammed right now and I'm just trying to see for myself what this is. Seadoo starts up and then when I hit the throttle a few times it gets stuck in full throttle and I have to pull the key or cut it off. I'm also receiving the Supercharger maintenance check. Think I'm somewhere around 100-120 hours.

On another note if anyone has any suggestions for a place to bring my Seadoo in for service around here or in general I would appreciate it. The guy here is closing up shop after this year I guess.

+1
    call or e mail maxbore.com he is in florida
    he may be able will bore it and rebuild
    he usually has a few day turn around

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mhesseyusn View Post
    This is the second year I've had this issue now. I got it serviced last year by the guy here in Jacksonville, Florida but he is slammed right now and I'm just trying to see for myself what this is. Seadoo starts up and then when I hit the throttle a few times it gets stuck in full throttle and I have to pull the key or cut it off. I'm also receiving the Supercharger maintenance check. Think I'm somewhere around 100-120 hours.

On another note if anyone has any suggestions for a place to bring my Seadoo in for service around here or in general I would appreciate it. The guy here is closing up shop after this year I guess.
    SCer maintenance comes on at 100 hours. I hope you have had the SCer pulled before now and checked. I am sure the slip is very low by now unless you just idle around.

Saltwater/salt air gets to the TB and sticks it up. Need to lube TB after every ride in salt. That yellow cap you see.

Buy a TB off EBAY that is freshwater used only. Anyone with work 130, 155, 215, 255. You should have to get TB reset though after changing out.

Your I/C could be leaking too.

+1
    it prob just needs cleaned.. and also check intercooler like Jp said.. they shouldn't have that much trouble year after year...

+1
    I bought a complete one on EBAY for like $50.00. I know I got lucky, but the TB looked brand new. It was off a 155HP freshwater ski.

Thread Information