+1

I love my FZR again

Just took it out after my most recent mods-many of which are handling.

I installed since Fall last year:

Lucky 13 cone
    3* pump nozzle
    R&D Sponsons
    R&D VTS cam
    Jim's modified '14 FZ plate (selling old VX plate)

Compared to stock this ski handles much better and really corners hard in turns. The VTS cam is worth every penny and makes the trim much easier to finely tune on the water. It's much more useable than stock with the finer adjustments. Jim's new plate hooks up much better and handles really well compared to the old VX plate. With all these changes the ski went from handling like a Buick to a Corvette and reminded me of my autocross days. It turns hard, is responsive, and launches hard out of turns.

No speed numbers yet-I need to deptich my prop as I only turned 8350-90 rpm's yesterday. I'm going to try taking 2* off the trailing edge.

+1
    Have you played with the Lucky 13 cone spacers and opening up the nozzle before de pitching the prop?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    Have you played with the Lucky 13 cone spacers and opening up the nozzle before de pitching the prop?

Yes I have a 87mm nozzle and 9mm of spacers and a skat 13/23. I'm going to drop some spacers off first before a repitch though just to be sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZ71LM7 View Post

Lucky 13 cone
    3* pump nozzle
    R&D Sponsons
    R&D VTS cam

Compared to stock this ski handles much better and really corners hard in turns. The VTS cam is worth every penny and makes the trim much easier to finely tune on the water. It's much more useable than stock with the finer adjustments. Jim's new plate hooks up much better and handles really well compared to the old VX plate. With all these changes the ski went from handling like a Buick to a Corvette and reminded me of my autocross days. It turns hard, is responsive, and launches hard out of turns.

No speed numbers yet-I need to deptich my prop as I only turned 8350-90 rpm's yesterday. I'm going to try taking 2* off the trailing edge.
    If I recall the statistics correctly the Buick grand national gnx stomped the corvette.... I used to own a gnx and it was badass..... But def glad you like your ski.....

+1
    I used used to auto cross with a guy that ran his Buick Grand National. It was a fast car in a straight line, but a boat in turns.

Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post

Lucky 13 cone
    3* pump nozzle
    R&D Sponsons
    R&D VTS cam

If I recall the statistics correctly the Buick grand national gnx stomped the corvette.... I used to own a gnx and it was badass..... But def glad you like your ski.....

+1
    I used used to auto cross with a guy that ran his Buick Grand National. It was a fast car in a straight line, but a boat in turns.

[/QUOTE]
    Oh hell no in auto cross!!...but straight lines def yes.... Auto cross is a diff animal

+1
    HA ha... Thread is awesome.. GNX & T Type are sweet cars. Sleepers for sure as a couple simple mods and they were a beast. They are drag cars not handling cars. I remember doing the old paper clip mod to lock the TQ converter on them.. Few guys here in FL had ones running 9 second quarter miles with high boost. (But at that level they are known to lift the heads and its not pretty when it does)

+1
    Awesome! Glad to hear that you also like the combo.
    What type of water conditions were you riding in?

Thread Information