Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seadoo JET

Seadoo JET

http://www.seadoo.com/en-US/Watercra...troduction.htm

I have been thinking of getting the Seadoo watercraft, what do you guys recommed to buy? RXP, RXT, GTX or WAKE? thank you

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    depends what you are looking to do... Is this your first watercraft?

Most of us own either the RXT or the RXP simply because it's the most powerful and fastest powerplant on the market with many upgrading options to make it even faster.

Where are you from? and welcome to the site, i see that was your first post.

Basically, I am up to WA, I have Yamaha Wave venture, thinking to get 4 stokes which is faster. I know that RXP and RXT are fast. But, the GTX limited is also the same Hp and plus the supercharge is cheaper than it costs on RXP.

+1
    The supercharger is the same.
    The MSRP is much higher on the GTX Limited.

There is not a huge difference in that prices of the wake or the rxp and rxt. Of course you get some xtras like a removable board rack and ski pylon which are not cheap.

You also get a reboarding ladder which is standard on the rxt but not rxp.

THe more hp is well worth the money imo.

As has been said, the extra price for s/c is not that much. But I choose the Wake. 155hp is any amount for our use and we don't have to worry about the acknowledged s/c longevity issues. Non s/c use less gas.

Plus we want to pull the kids (and me!) on the skis, tube and wakeboard so the pylon and rack is useful. 15 hours in and we are delighted. But if you want to the fastest, then go for a s/c model and mod it up. Good luck.

Personally, I like RXP and RXT for touring or crusing around. I think that it is more worthy to get RXP and RXT rather than Wake or GTX. I get more HP. How do these compare to Yamaha FX or VX?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the RXP/RXT will walk all aruond the yami FX and VX... not even in the same class. those yami 3-seaters got no balls to them compared to a RXP/T

i would buy a 2006 GTI before i bought a GTX or Wake... the GTI is cheaper, lighter, and will probably be the same speed if not possibly faster and it's alot less money... at this point having the NA GTX 155HP in the line-up is such a waste of time...

Here's what the 2007 Seadoo Line-up should look like IN MY OPINION

GTX Limited
    RXT
    RXP
    GTI
    185 HP Wakeboard Edition
    GTI (and SE)
    4-stroke XP

3D... HA, ummmmm

Each to their own, I am more than happy with 155hp in the Wake. Ample power, stable towing platform, more economical to run.

RaggedJoe,
    The wake is fine, even though I said to get the rxp or rxt, I don't think you can go wrong either way. The whole point is to have fun - and more fun. The wake must be a blast and it is more economical you're right.

If you are having fun with it as I am sure you are as well as anyone else that bought one that is awesome.

Before I bought my sea doo one of the things that sold me is that I went to the lake to talk to some of the guys on jet skis. There was a guy there with a 2004 155 hp GTX. He was there with his family and they were having the best time. He was pulling two of his kids at one time with 2 seperate tubes. He told me that no matter what he wanted to tow he could and besides how fast can you really go while towing a skier or tuber?

And when he wanted to go very fast he could. Anything above 50mph on the water is pretty damn fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information