My RXT running lean.

OK I've been out for a while. My ski has been sitting since last winter. Charged batt and fired it up sounded ok but my afr gauge went from 7.9 to 22.4 after about 30 seconds,Scary. Fuel pressure go's to 52 standing but fluctuates when running, dropping down to around 40 psi. I have the riva fuel pressure regulator, riva ecu, bosch 48 lb injectors, ET 68/140 charger. I put the ski in the water and putted around with the seat off watching fuel pressure it should increase 1lb for every pound of boost. I didn't see it come up so I shut her down. Checked plugs and they look lean but it's hard to tell on these efi's. Thought the o2 sensor might be flaken but it is giving me different readings. I thinking fuel pump ,any ideas? Probably need a higher volume pump with my set up anyway. Does any one know the part # for that high performance pump?

+1
    It should start losing power around 14.8, then sputter as it tops 15. It absolutely won't run over that. Your gauge may be broken. 22.4 is how the 02 sensor should read in normal air.
    Take 02 out, and recalibrate.
    It still could be your fuel pump though.
    Good luck!

Probably should try that (recalibrate) if I can find the right up that came with my gauge .Seems like I remember remove the sensor and hold a reset button for so many seconds till the light stays solid.

+1
    Last year when I had an LC-1 I had the same crazy AFR reading and it was fixed with a new O2 sensor after free air calibration. You won't see any rise in boost until around 6000 rpm+.

Do you have fresh fuel, new plugs?

What ECU and tune?

RRFPR static set to 58 psi?

Riva ecu, I found the write up for my gauge calibration. Gonna try it tomorrow.Had to replace 1 O2 sensor a couple years ago. I got it from O'Riley's. supposed to have a life time warranty. last time it went bad gauge won't read at all. I've been searhing for a thread with the part # for a high volume fuel pump. I see riva has an aeromotive pump but it is pricey. New plugs and gas , Static pressure around 52. I was gettiing 11.9 AFR at 52.WOT

+1
    You can get another stock one, a Walbro GSS342 from http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpn-gss342bx
    or the Aeromotive kit from the online store.

Ironic about this subject, because my own Walbro died after 2 1/2 years last week of hard abuse and running without a relay. I did order a Riva Aeromotive kit with relay a few days ago. Right up until the Walbro crapped out it worked great…..

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    You can get another stock one, a Walbro GSS342 from http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpn-gss342bx
    or the Aeromotive kit from the online store.

Ironic about this subject, because my own Walbro died after 2 1/2 years last week of hard abuse and running without a relay. I did order a Riva Aeromotive kit with relay a few days ago. Right up until the Walbro crapped out it worked great…..
    thank's for the link, I've always been kinda scared of the stock pump with this setup. I haven't ran my ski that much after I did all the mods just kind of lost intrest after I got it to 80. Still think there is more in it I'm all over the limiter at 8650 with a 21.5 pitch. It's picked up about 150 rpm's I think the riva valve springs have loosened up , I've got a brand new 15/22 solas I need to throw in and try a smaller nozzle like you have and see what it can do.

+1
    we have had diaphrams crap out in turbosmart rrfpr's too, so keep an eye out on your rrfpr too

Thread Information