Thread: ultra 310 r ?

+1

ultra 310 r ?

Thinking about getting a 310 r and got some questions . I tried the maintenance sticky but some of the links don't work. Whats the deal with the exhaust filter ? Can it be removed ? Sounds restrictive and also a pain to inspect every 25 hours . I guessing the supercharger doesn't need rebuilding but how often does the belt get changed. And overall reliability ?

+1
    the filter isnt restrictive and not a pain to inspect most are getting 50hrs+ out of them now but that depends on the owner doing the right thing. the 300 belts rarely need changing lasting well over 100hrs. cant comment on reliability as they are only a new ski.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    All 310 model ultras are just a refined version of the 300 in every way
    and even the 300 series were a low maintenance ski.

dont listen to the verbal crap the none ultra owns try to spread

4. +1 by:

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Thinking about getting a 310 r and got some questions . I tried the maintenance sticky but some of the links don't work. Whats the deal with the exhaust filter ? Can it be removed ? Sounds restrictive and also a pain to inspect every 25 hours . I guessing the supercharger doesn't need rebuilding but how often does the belt get changed. And overall reliability ?
    Can you post which links? I tested then when I put them up but it seems something has changed since then.

Sean

+1
    Ram air mod, heat extractor, exhaust filter replacement. Those three come to mind . I can't remember all of them without going back through. Some of them do work though.
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Can you post which links? I tested then when I put them up but it seems something has changed since then.

Sean

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks, ill check it out.

Sean

+1
    I got just over 80 hrs. on my original exhaust filter. no need to check every 25. maybe every 50. the ski is overall very reliable.

+1
    What is the purpose of the filter ? Can it be removed ? Like on the old GP 12 and 1300r you removed the cat and put in the D plate .

+1
    What is the purpose of the filter ? Can it be removed ? Like on the old GP 12 and 1300r you removed the cat and put in the D plate .
    You can't take it out. It prevents water vapor from entering the engine back through the exhaust.

You can check and compare the maintenance schedules of all the ski brands online via owners manuals. If You do that You'll discover that the Kawi requires the most maintenance of them all.

Thread Information