Msx 140 fuel pump

I'm new to these max 140 and I need to replace the fuel pump do you have to remove the engine to change it, I have a genesis and the fuel pump is right their and this one is hidden what are the steps to get that pump out.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    BryanP could answer this definitively as he is currently doing a fuel pump repair on his own MSX 140.

On the Virage Ficht models the fuel tank can be slid forward far enough to allow the fuel pump to barely clear the front opening as you lift the fuel pump out. I do not recall whether on the MSX 140 there is enough room without moving some of the steering gear up out of the way.

Are you replacing the fuel pump or just repairing the fuel pressure regulator inside?

Banned User
    +1
    Its going to be fun. Not really. I think the steering needs to come out. Its not incredibly difficult to disassemble the steering. Then I can hopefully move the tank to get the pump out. I will share my experience when I do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    BryanP could answer this definitively as he is currently doing a fuel pump repair on his own MSX 140.

On the Virage Ficht models the fuel tank can be slid forward far enough to allow the fuel pump to barely clear the front opening as you lift the fuel pump out. I do not recall whether on the MSX 140 there is enough room without moving some of the steering gear up out of the way.

Are you replacing the fuel pump or just repairing the fuel pressure regulator inside?

Im im not sure yet I'm not getting any fuel pressure and it's getting power so I got to pull it either wat

Resident electronics hacker UnityRacing's Avatar
    +1
    Try to clamp off the return line and see if you have pressure. If you do then the pump is working, and you can install a kawasaki inline pressure regulator on the return line. Much simplier than pulling the tank!

Banned User
    +1
    I tried the kawi regulator on mine. 38 psi pressure. I dont think it was allowing return flow back to the tank. Im going to repair the stock one.

It actually wasn't to bad you just unbolt the steering column and push it to the side and the fuel pump come right out the whole thing took about an hour due to a bolt the was stuck but if it was problem free it should only take 20 min

Thread Information