Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2014 fzr and fx shvo handling comparison

So I'm debating getting a 2014 fzr shvo or 2014 fx shvo model. Is there a big difference in the handling characteristics of both skis. I want a ski that will be nimble and responsive so I am leaning to the fzr but I can get a better deal on the fx and sometimes it's nice to be able to carry 2 passengers but if the fzr rides and handles better I want to go that route. I will be using the ski 100% of the time on a lake so the most chop I see is 1-2 feet. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

+1
    On a lake I would get the FZR which is a 2 seater, but if you want a 3 seater get the FZS. Its the same as teh FZR but with 3 seats.

+1
    FZS as stated has the same hull & can fit your bill.

+1
    Go with the fzs, the fx is to relax, to me, boring..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwick718 View Post
    Go with the fzs, the fx is to relax, to me, boring..
    FX is far from boring according to professional reviews.

http://www.personalwatercraft.com/ma...view-1208.html

FZR

http://www.personalwatercraft.com/ma...view-1221.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peter19ue View Post
    So I'm debating getting a 2014 fzr shvo or 2014 fx shvo model. Is there a big difference in the handling characteristics of both skis. I want a ski that will be nimble and responsive so I am leaning to the fzr but I can get a better deal on the fx and sometimes it's nice to be able to carry 2 passengers but if the fzr rides and handles better I want to go that route. I will be using the ski 100% of the time on a lake so the most chop I see is 1-2 feet. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
    You want the FZS, you will love it.

So it sound like the fzr or fzs handles better than the fx shvo. What is the main difference between the fx and fsr. Is the fzs the same hull as the fzs but has 3 seats. So the fzs would handle identical to the fzr.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peter19ue View Post
    So it sound like the fzr or fzs handles better than the fx shvo. What is the main difference between the fzr and fsr. Thanks
    Like I told TRD yesterday, The FZ is the fastest hull, the FX series is better in the chop. FZ is best for a more athletic rider, who likes to stand up and ride; it has a telescopic handle bar for this reason.
    The FX has a deeper hull, FZ is more flat; the chines are different. The FZ is going to lean more in the turns and have a little more slip in the back, while the FX is going to be more comfortable in the chop and have tighter turns. I found this out when we tested the FZS side by side with the Sea-Doo RXT-X; the RXT has a deeper hull that corners on rails, but personally I didn't like it. I prefer a more playful ride for the lakes, and I like to whip the rear end around easier.

Like I told TRD, test ride will help you sort this out. If I were you, I would consult with a dealer and tell them you want to test ride the FX SVHO and also the FZS SVHO and see which one you prefer. For a lake, I really think you will prefer the FZS but they are both great.

+1
    FZR & FZS are the same hull, just different rear seats. So FZR rated for 2 person and FZS rated for 3. Handling is the same.

The FZR/FZS hull is more nimble because of its design. I chose to go with the FZR and even in the ocean with big waves I was having a blast and no issues keeping up with FX's, RXP's etc and even blowing past them(well until I could not see from only having sunglasses with me and not goggles, salt water and contacts do not mix well) I now keep a set of Dragon hydro's with me for those situations.

Thanks for the info. Not sure I'll be able to test ride both but I think the fzr will be more to my liking. I want a ski that's going to be nimble and playful. I'm selling a superjet to purchase this ski and I also windsurf so I stand up a lot when I ride.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information