+1

GPR Jet Pump Help

Hey Guys, I 'm going to be pulling my pump on my project ski which is a GP1300R hull that I am changing over to be a GP1200R. Engine and midshaft are out of hull. am painting the hull and want to rebuild the pump while its out. I have surfed through 49 pages in the how to section but can not find detailed info about putting it back in right. I read something about using a nickel for proper gap on something but I cant remember what. I found a link from cajandude but its no longer there and/or it wont open. I found the one with the info about freezing the shaft and heating the bearing for an easy install. what other tips or procedures do you guys have up your sleeve. info and / or links would be great.....Thanks.....Tom

+1
    Hello, yes the removal of the prop can be a bitch. You need the shaft tool, that little threaded sleeve that that fits on end of shaft. You might have to heat the spot where the shaft & prop are fitted, but I think you will not. I did have to have a very strong vice and it did require my getting up ad standing on the wrench while up on work bench ... no heat though. Remember, you will be going "Righty", or counterclockwise ... as to you try to loosen the prop. Just really have to honk on it. Good luck

+1
    Oops .... I mean clockwise to loosen & counter-clock to tighten .... I think ???

Thread Information