Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Just installed thru the hull exhaust on 150 speedster

Just finished installing a thru the hull exhaust on an 09 Speedster 150. Great sound.
    We put the exit up higher than Riva, etc. does with their kits, as i don't like the exit in the water when not moving. I had an 08 RXT-X sink when the clamp came loose at the rear exhaust exit while setting!

Also, did the X charger, stainless wear ring, Solas Concord R impeller, 4" Fizzle air intake that gets outside cold air from port side vent, catch can, replaced 23 lb. OEM battery with 2.5 lb. Earth X lithium one, etc.
    Still only at 7,800 rm and these mods increased top end almost 10 mph from stock OEM. I was only at 7,400 rpm before the mods.

Bigger improvement out of the hole and mid-range.

Selling the 215 engine supercharger for $199.
    Only has 20 hours on it, as i just took it off. Boat still has extended warranty and only 28 hours on it.

Bought all from Jerry on this site and listened to his excellent advice. This now makes 4 mod kits i've bought from the Hulk, 04 Seadoo, 05 RXT, 08 RXT-X and now the Speedster.

Ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_23.jpg 
Views:	701 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	331204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_24.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	331205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_25.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	331206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_19.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	331207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_21.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	331208  

+1
    Sound clip? bet its sounds bad @ss

+1
    how do you like the thing? I'm considering selling my 09 RXP and getting one of these speedsters.

+1
    Had a 08 RXT-X Stage 2+ prior and expected a huge difference in performance, but surprisingly, the boat feels much faster than the PWC, closer to the water? 50 or so feels like 65 on the PWC. It didn't satisfy me with the stock 215 hp at this 5k altitude, so I changed the impeller to a Solas Concord R I had used on my 05 RXT and that made a huge difference and OK other than top end. However, the X charger, 4" air intake, thru the hull exhaust, catch can, pump seal, etc. it's like a totally different boat.
    I outran a stock Seadoo 260 last weekend in mellow water and you can really handle PWC's in rough chop, as the boat will stay in the water much better than the jet ski. It really needs VTrim or some trim tabs if you want to run high speeds in rough water.
    As is, you just have to drive it like racing in the ocean with swells, on and off the throttle timing the ins and outs to not over rev engine, etc.

With that said, I love the boat and normally use it alone like the PWC, but the room is so neat. It handles like nothing I've ever driven.
    I've had a 40 ft. Fountain W/ twin-540 ci engines, 30 ft. Scarab W/2-big blocks-BM Blowers, etc. and other smaller boats, several PWC'S
    but none will turn like this hull. It turns sharper than the PWC's, no banking in turns, just straight lines like it's on a rail. Can literally turn it 360 at WOT. Some real G's. It's as easy to load & unload yourself and so light I pull behind a CJ7 Jeep. Shop, you can find some real buys. I paid $8,500 for this 09 W/12 hours and 1 year left on extended warranty, trailer W/disc surge brakes. It sold for over $20k new.
    Shop Craigs list in many cities, etc. and make offers. Good Luck. Send me normal email and i'll send you some pictures, etc. [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    x2

+1
    It should open on the Hulk site? try this link https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=HIxPe4K7x18

+1
    Sounds sweet, not sure how a tuber might feel getting water in their face though.

+1

pulling tubes

Sounds sweet, not sure how a tuber might feel getting water in their face though.
    You don't have to hit it that much pulling tubes, so that exhaust spray is only when you hit it WO, etc. I pulled two large ones last weekend, one the size/looks of a jet ski, for hours for Grand kids and one is 6'-175 lbs.
    Real world, 90% of my time isn't pulling anyone rather racing PWC'S & boats or cruising if on large lakes like the Ozarks, Lake Powell, etc.. and if an issue, use a longer rope. We used to use a 200 ft. rope behind the 40 ft. Fountain.

+1
    Sounds good man, that thing hauls ass!!!

Do you have some pics as to how you routed the intake? interested in how you did it without worrying about getting water into the intake...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information