+1

4" air intake to outside cold air-150 speedster

Added Fizzle 4" air intake to 150 Speedster to port side outside cold air vent area.
    Used R/D adapter to the charger and found you must use the correct clamps from Kanaflex for the 620wd hose. They call them Duct Clamps. The wire rings in the hose are spiraled in a clock wise direction, so you can't use a normal wing worm or T-clamp if you want a good seal, as either the top or bottom of the clamp will be over the wire and now putting steel to steel. These clamps are spiraled and match the hose wires in the clockwise direction.The clamps are real hard to buy unless you order 100 or more. Call Dan at 1-877-467-3778 http://www.centralstateshose.com/ as i bought 5 from him to use in different areas on the hose for support. I tried the same set up with a normal clamp, then the Kanaflex duct clamp and noticeable difference in the idle & other constant rpms. now constant vs. pulsating with the other clamp & obviously if it sucks air around the clamp, its' the hot air from the engine room, etc.

I picked up 400 rpms, however, i added the X charger, thru the hull exhaust, replaced 23 lb. battery W/Earth X lithium 2.5 lbs., & catch can at the same time, so not sure how much just from the air intake, but huge difference in performance and you can now hear that charger. It will now almost do a wheely when you come out of the hole, much like my old 08 RXT-x w/stage 2+ on it. Also will jump over chop now from large boats/weather with the increased power, where before it didn't have much left after 45 mph or so. Bottom line, the charger & air intake are well worth the bucks. Getting almost 10 mph more than before these mods on same GPS and water was rough and only 7,800 rpms. So when you're told you can't improve these boats, don't buy it. Any time you can increase hp or reduce weight or drag, you'll get better performance. Ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_04.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	331209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_08.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	331210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_09.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	331211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_13.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	331212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_15.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	331213  

You running 42 lb injectors with rrfpr, or just upgraded injectors alone?

Did you Happen to take a picture of the clamp?

+1
    OEM injectors as i'm in Colorado and lake is almost 5k altitude. Also, didn't go to the external cooler.
    When i go to the Ozark lakes or low altitude, will add the 42 injectors, but won't need any RRF, etc. if stay with internal cooler.
    I was going to do the external cooler, but it's so much faster than OEM, i can't get it WO alot on our lakes due to other boats
    and big chop so appears this will be plenty. It will now out run new Seadoo PWC's with 260 engine if stock at this altitude and of course the Speedster handles the chop much better than the PWC's. The thru the hull exhaust makes the boat sound great. Ron

5. +1 by:

+1
    Picture of Kanaflex duct clamp for 620wd hose for 4" air intake.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kanaflex clamp 2.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	331508
    steel clamp rings are spiral in clockwise direction to go between the wires so your clamp isn't over a wire.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Picture of Kanaflex duct clamp for 620wd hose for 4" air intake.Click image for larger version. 

steel clamp rings are spiral in clockwise direction to go between the wires so your clamp isn't over a wire.
    Stainless steel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post

Stainless steel?
    there not made in s/s

+1

Air filter

Quote Originally Posted by aaameteorites View Post
    Is there an air filter in line?

Added Fizzle 4" air intake to 150 Speedster to port side outside cold air vent area.
    Used R/D adapter to the charger and found you must use the correct clamps from Kanaflex for the 620wd hose. They call them Duct Clamps. The wire rings in the hose are spiraled in a clock wise direction, so you can't use a normal wing worm or T-clamp if you want a good seal, as either the top or bottom of the clamp will be over the wire and now putting steel to steel. These clamps are spiraled and match the hose wires in the clockwise direction.The clamps are real hard to buy unless you order 100 or more. Call Dan at 1-877-467-3778 http://www.centralstateshose.com/ as i bought 5 from him to use in different areas on the hose for support. I tried the same set up with a normal clamp, then the Kanaflex duct clamp and noticeable difference in the idle & other constant rpms. now constant vs. pulsating with the other clamp & obviously if it sucks air around the clamp, its' the hot air from the engine room, etc.

I picked up 400 rpms, however, i added the X charger, thru the hull exhaust, replaced 23 lb. battery W/Earth X lithium 2.5 lbs., & catch can at the same time, so not sure how much just from the air intake, but huge difference in performance and you can now hear that charger. It will now almost do a wheely when you come out of the hole, much like my old 08 RXT-x w/stage 2+ on it. Also will jump over chop now from large boats/weather with the increased power, where before it didn't have much left after 45 mph or so. Bottom line, the charger & air intake are well worth the bucks. Getting almost 10 mph more than before these mods on same GPS and water was rough and only 7,800 rpms. So when you're told you can't improve these boats, don't buy it. Any time you can increase hp or reduce weight or drag, you'll get better performance. Ron
    The end of the 4" hose has a Fizzle steel air filter, don't use any with paper in the filter, that is located near the air vent on port side.
    See pictures of hose, filter is just after the white bracket holding it. Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aaameteorites View Post
    Is there an air filter in line?

The end of the 4" hose has a Fizzle steel air filter, don't use any with paper in the filter, that is located near the air vent on port side.
    See pictures of hose, filter is just after the white bracket holding it. Ron

12. +1 by:

Thread Information