Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Looking at the new 310LX

This will be my 1st ski. I just sold my 200+hp cbr1000rr motorcycle. I rode it to its limits (and past them a few times). I have had toys with power all my life just never a ski.

Ski needs to be best for both myself and my wife.

some topics would be- speed, power, sound, to pull a wake boarder, 3 seater, stabilty, storage, comfy seat.

To me it seems the 310LX is best for my needs. Any thoughts?

You would love the 310LX. It has everything you listed above and more. You are picking the perfect ski. It has a Super fast Mode (Green Key) and a Moderate speed for a beginner (Yellow Key) that can be changed out in seconds.

I would suggest installing a SCOM to remove the rev limiter on the ski. I think it cost about 300$ or so, but well worth it. The coast guard really limits the top end power of the higher end skis by limiting them to 67mph... Also 1 thing you need to keep your eye on. "Some" of the 310 ECU's are defected from the factory. Not sure if they have fixed this issue as of yet. What happens is, once the ski hits top end 67MPH and 7600RPM the ECU backs the ski down to 61MPH and 7100RPM. The Ski should hold right at 67MPH at 7600RPM, but with a defected ECU this does not happen. This is a know'n factory issue and it might be fixed already with the just now released skis. I have a 310R and I had a defected ECU so I had R&D Reflash it. It did void my warranty, but I didn't care because I didn't get the extended warranty because I knew I would be adding Mods. Keep in mind, it does not happen to every 310 ski. By adding the SCOM or Reflash it does remove the rev limiter and you won't need to worry about the defected ECU. The Reflash does void your warranty, but it does unleash the beast. With the R&D R2 reflash you still get to run 91oct Pump gas and the performance is Amazing!. Talk to Glenn if you are interested, let him know Sam sent you. I'm not sure about the SCOM, however, I do think the SCOM can be put on and off very easily if you needed to take it in for service and don't want them to know you have it.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Sambo310R- i understand the new big jet skis are not the best on gas. How far if my wife and i were just crusing down the river could i go (lets just say nice easy 40mph cruse {i understand 100 different variables}). Im just looking for a round number in miles.

Does the reflash help MPG at all? I know on bikes the reflash or fuel tunner will help but the amount of WOT that comes with the flash is what makes for worse MGP

+1
    you can probably get around 80-90 miles at cruise speed on eco mode. it sucks down the gas as do all the sc skis but its well worth it. the 310 fits your needs best IMO. stable, plenty fast (even faster with a SCOM), perfect for towing, has storage to pack for a vacation, etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemounlio View Post
    This will be my 1st ski. I just sold my 200+hp cbr1000rr motorcycle. I rode it to its limits (and past them a few times). I have had toys with power all my life just never a ski.

Ski needs to be best for both myself and my wife.

some topics would be- speed, power, sound, to pull a wake boarder, 3 seater, stabilty, storage, comfy seat.

To me it seems the 310LX is best for my needs. Any thoughts?
    Mike: Will You be able to get premium fuel where You will be riding? It's something to consider with these new big boost skis...

+1
    Most of the places i want to ride have a fuel pump there. They do have limited hours but fuel none the less.

How much of a wake will the 310 make? Im reading lots of people saying jetskis dont make enough wake to have fun on a board.

+1
    Most of the places i want to ride have a fuel pump there. They do have limited hours but fuel none the less.

How much of a wake will the 310 make? Im reading lots of people saying jetskis dont make enough wake to have fun on a board.
    Fuel pumps with premium?

Quote Originally Posted by DH300 View Post
    you can probably get around 80-90 miles at cruise speed on eco mode. it sucks down the gas as do all the sc skis but its well worth it. the 310 fits your needs best IMO. stable, plenty fast (even faster with a SCOM), perfect for towing, has storage to pack for a vacation, etc.
    This is true and would be my best guess as well.

You can drop the nose of the Ski and get plenty wet if you want to, you can toss people off and have all the fun like any other ski.

+1

I have a 300 and the wake is not conducive to wake boarding unless your just being pulled around. I wake board and am no expert but pretty decent on a board and wouldn't waste my time being towed behind a ski.

As for fuel burn, on the 300 I can get 5nm per gallon in eco at around 37mph. Obviously this changes the harder you ride. I was out last weekend and rode 60nm, some at ECO others at WOT and some time playing around. As I pulled up to the dock I got the low fuel warning which only means I had around a 1/3 tank remaining. Total engine run time was around 2:40.

If you want to go balls out and have a blast, buy the 300/310 and you won't be disappointed. Hope this helps.

+1
    I dont know about the premium gas! something i will have to look into now.

DH300 thanks for the numbers. One last question on the topic tho. the 80-90 miles you mention is that until the low fuel light comes on? Or is that until you run empty? (i would guess until the light but i just wanna be sure)

What would be a good addition to the ski- Wakeboarding is out due to lack of wake. I snowboard each year so i would love to somehow tie that skill into a water sport.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information