Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ultra LX Economy, Range, and Performance

Hello new LX owners. Anyone figure out yet what kind of gas mileage and cruising range an Ultra LX gets? Also, what top speed are people seeing?

I have been very happy with my 12F but have heard that the new Ultra hulls are ultra smooth through chop and handle even better than the STX's. If this is true, I would consider getting an LX if it does not give up anything to my 12F in speed, fuel economy, and cruising range. On my stock 12F, I get 53-56 MPH (GPS) depending on how full tank is, amount of chop, etc., 6-8 MPG depending on amount of chop, towing, and racing, and can safely ride 90 - 110 miles between fuel stops. Will the LX do at least as well in all respects?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Please someone respond. I bought my LX a month ago and I still havent ridden yet....I'm going nuts just looking at it on the trailer. The weather, vacation, and work schedule has kept me off of it. That will change soon!

+1

LX Stock

I have 14 hrs on my LX . After filling bolt holes on ride plate I gps'd it @ 56.3mph. 4 to 8inch chop. That was top speed realisticly rides @ about 54mph. I have not figured out the mpg yet but I average about 4.5hrs on a tank, with a mix of ridding conditions & a fair amount of wot. If you ride in a lot of rough water & dont want to spend the $ or eat the fuel of a 250X, THIS IS A VERY NICE BOAT. DOES NOT FEEL AS BIG AS IT IS. I ride with my two kids about 1/2 the time and it just eats up rough water. Great storage & very comfortable seat. Great torque on low end. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me or whatever....

Jim

+1
    WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums Bob!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    I have 14 hrs on my LX . After filling bolt holes on ride plate I gps'd it @ 56.3mph. 4 to 8inch chop. That was top speed realisticly rides @ about 54mph. ....

Jim
    So what was the speed before filling the bolt holes and what did you fill the holes with? I still haven't ridden mine yet but I did pull the intake grate off and razer blade off all the extra silicone that would have interupted the intake flow to the impellor.

thanks for the info.

+1
    I picked up a little over 1/2 mph by filling the plugs. Used silicon, will switch to JBWeld once I decide on changing out the rideplate...

Jim

Just got my wifes Ultra Lx on Wed. Havent done any wot since the dealer told me for the first 3 tanks to go only 3/4. At 3/4 and only 2 hours on the meter I hit 51-52. In 2 weeks I get the Ultra 250 for myself, cant wait. I always had Sea-Doo's, really like these Kawi's. Jeff

+1
    Jeff WELCOME to the Green Hulk forums!!
    Congrats on your new ride, it's always bitchen to have something new.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
    Just got my wifes Ultra Lx on Wed. Havent done any wot since the dealer told me for the first 3 tanks to go only 3/4. At 3/4 and only 2 hours on the meter I hit 51-52. In 2 weeks I get the Ultra 250 for myself, cant wait. I always had Sea-Doo's, really like these Kawi's. Jeff
    Jassman,
    I have found my speedo to be fairly accurate. It reads about 1mph fast @wot. and varies throughout the whole range. The boatpulls great up to 35 does ok up to 47-49 & then will creep up to full speed from there. Check your ride plate & pump for excess silicone, my ride plate to pump conection had a good 1/4" squishing out. I also owned 3 seadoo's before my Kawi, & except for top speed this boat is everything I could ever ask for. Watch out for a face full of water when you have a full tank of gas in rough water. May be the only flaw...

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC9352[2].jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	21036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC9344[1].jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	21037  

[quote=jpack;251365]Jassman,
    I have found my speedo to be fairly accurate. It reads about 1mph fast @wot. and varies throughout the whole range. The boatpulls great up to 35 does ok up to 47-49 & then will creep up to full speed from there. Check your ride plate & pump for excess silicone, my ride plate to pump conection had a good 1/4" squishing out. I also owned 3 seadoo's before my Kawi, & except for top speed this boat is everything I could ever ask for. Watch out for a face full of water when you have a full tank of gas in rough water. May be the only flaw...

By cutting the excess silicone out, what additional performance gains will I possibly see. And, Yes, Iv'e allready recieved my initiation of a face full of water on the first day. It does plow alot more than my Sea-Doo's, but then it rides a little more smoother in the ruff. Great machine so far, looking for some mods in the future. Thanks Guys, great site. Jeff

ph2ocraft
    Jeff WELCOME to the Green Hulk forums!!
    Congrats on your new ride, it's always bitchen to have something new.

It is, found a few ok used ones, but for a little more I could get what we both wanted, cant wait to modify the 250...LOL

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information